drrragon

For Algenist Retinol Firming and Lifting Serum Fans!

WHOA!!! I just noticed that this set is available:

swfupload_3142852877769653235.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/retinol-firming-lifting-trio-P381800

I was thinking of getting the Retinol Firming and Lifting Serum which is $98/1oz, but this set includes the serum plus two other products, for the same price as the serum alone!!!

The only weird thing is the other two products don't actually contain retinol so the name of the kit is a bit misleading, but they do have plenty of other good stuff like antioxidants, peptides, etc.

p.s. off-topic but I really HATE the "What's New" section on the Sephora site.  Notice that none of the new Favorites sets are listed there, but a Tarte eye palette that came out a year ago is!  It drives me crazy that the only way to really know "What's New" is to go to each brand and sort by "new".  What a hassle Sephora!

DoctorsMrs

Re: For Algenist Retinol Firming and Lifting Serum Fans!

@Poshified,

In light of this new kit that Drrragon just posted, should I still just get the other two Algenist kits? This one has serum and the Firming and Lifting Set has that nice mask. I think the other two items are the same although the sizes differ for the cream. Planning to order today.

poshified

That is quite the tough call considering the other set has the exclusive mask, but this one has the serum. I think if I were to pick one, I'd get this one since it has the amazing serum and the eye cream! :smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

Thank you for giving me so much guidance with this Poshy. I'm looking forward to my new routine :smileyhappy:

clarks18

I have been using the Lifting and Firming Serum and Eye Gel now for about two months and I think they both work wonders.  I have noticed the little fine lines around my eyes have seemed to disappear.  The both leave my skin feeling tightened and refreshed.  I only use them both at night because the products are so expensive.  On the package they recommend using both products twice a day.  I have been using both for about two months and the bottles are still more than half full.  I really like Algenist.

poshified

Do you like the Retinol Firming and Lifting serum?? I still haven't broken into mine from the 10 day challenge packets! lol

The fact Sephora doesn't fully list all the actual new products on its 'new products' page drives me bonkers. I have to scroll through my favorite brands everyday just to see if anything new comes up under the brand's page instead.

drrragon

I haven't actually tried it yet, but for skincare I usually judge first by the ingredients list (and this one looks awesome with a relatively higher amount of retinol and other good stuff, and no potential irritants).  Next is actually trying it out for texture, greasiness, fragrance, etc.  I'm really sad I missed out on that 10-day challenge but I have a couple other retinol products to work through so it'll be a while before I can justify getting this set!

*shakes fist at annoying "What's New" section*

DoctorsMrs

@Drrragon, when you review or consider ingredients where do you get your information? I often use Beautypedia and the Cosmetic Cop reviews (Paula Begoun) but I'm wondering if you know of other good sources for product/ingredient information, especially in regard to sensitive skin.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

@doctorsmrs -- Yeah actually beautypedia was the first (and probably best) compendium of skincare knowledge that I ran into back when I started getting serious about skincare!  I love the enormous Cosmetic Ingredients dictionary and have read hundreds of the reviews.  While I don't always agree with their conclusions, there is so much knowledge to be gained from reading them, especially about which ingredients are backed by scientific research.  I had a few other dermatologist blogs that I followed but beautypedia seems to be the only really comprehensive effort to cover as much skincare products as possible (not just "here are my personal top 10 faves!").  

For sensitive skin, if you mean that it gets irritated easily, then the stuff on beautypedia is really quite good, especially that ingredients dictionary.  I had been using fragranced products and a cleanser with sodium lauryl sulfate and wondering why my face was so rashy all the time.  It's amazing what results can be had with the right bit of knowledge!

p.s. truthinaging is another one that has a lot of content, with lots of user reviews of high end skincare.

DoctorsMrs

@Drrragon-- I have learned so much on that site! I was previously using quite a few products claiming to be beneficial for sensitive skin. While some seemed to be working okay, I continued to have problems with redness and irritation. I'm especially glad to have a better understanding of the so called "natural" ingredients. Natural isn't always better for those of us with allergy issues. There's so much misinformation. Thanks for mentioning truthinaging. I'll check it out :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • clarks18
    • DoctorsMrs
Photos1
  • swfupload_3142852877769653235.jpg