From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Eye Cream Recommendation or Additional Night Eye Cream (Stronger)

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am 26 years old and I am in need of a night eye cream. I have some deep fine lines where whenever I put on concealer, they get filled out.

Currently I use YTTP eye cream and I guess it does what it is suppose to although it is hard for me to say.

Other concerns are: dark circles (genetic)

Re: Eye Cream Recommendation or Additional Night Eye Cream (Stronger)

Hello @greenchilli and @MariekeBT

Here is a photo I took today. No makeup. It looks worse than I thought lol And I have done some research but I do not know if it is easily visible in the photo but I have these little white bumps that I am guessing is Milia.Eye.jpg

@Natalia21

It looks better than you described it. 🙂

Having dark circles is not uncommon at all.  We all have some darkness under the eyes (that is the norm, NOT the exception) - just to varying degrees.  

If your overall face looks healthy and bright, undereye circles will hardly matter.  You can use makeup to correct and conceal.  A light salmon corrector (a dab) will correct the darkness.  Then dab a tiny amount of a liquid concealer ..that will conceal.

My philosophy is:

Less is more. 

Don't use a much lighter shade of concealer.

Thank you. On certain days it looks lighter.

As far as concealer, I use Urban Decay's Peach color concealer.

Any eye cream I should use for fine lines or am I also being paranoid about that?

@Natalia21

Using a nice eye cream in your late 20s  is not a bad idea at all.  At this age, general hydration is all you need (no major actives like retinol etc).

Farmacy Eye Dew is nice, you can try that.  There are plenty of good creams that you can try.  When looking at eye creams, I would only caution to stay away from anything that has mineral oil.  Read the ingredients.

Hi @Natalia21

While you can color correct genetic dark circles, it's hard to use an eye cream to address them. You can use one in the morning that has more brightening properties, but like @greenchilli mentioned you would need to contact a doctor to correct them. We all have a  little bit of dark circles, so don't worry. (: 

If you have a picture, that would be helpful! 

XOXO,
Marieke

@Natalia21

Do you have a picture?  

You are very young, so I will give you my best assessment sight unseen.

- Deep lines are unusual at 26.  However, I see a lot of undereye makeup creasing in the real world in young folks.  This isn't a result of skincare issues, but applying a lot of product.  As an idea of what I think is too much (im my opinion alone), anything seen on Youtube is 10 times as much as it needs to be.

- Genetic dark circles - unfortunately these are not addressable through skincare.  The issue is not topical.  A cosmetic surgeon can advise on using procedures that may correct this.  My caveat is that you may not have undereye circles as dark as you think they are.  We are all far more critical of ourselves.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos1
  • Eye.jpg
testing