Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Collagen pills for anti-aging??

Has anyone ever taken collagen supplements that are suppose to help with fine lines and wrinkles? I have seen them in the store and they are about $60 for one month which is a lot to me. I have done a ton of research and some say they do work, others say they are a waste of money. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with these supplements? Don't want to waste my money if it's just a load of crap

Re: Collagen pills for anti-aging??

Hm.. I've heard that applying collagen containing skincare is ineffective as that form does not get absorbed or incorporated into our body. It might be different for the pills though?

One thing I know for sure is that Vitamin C aids in our natural collagen synthesis, so yay for oranges!

i eat lots of oranges but do you think it would be good to take vitamin c pills? I already take a multivitamin that has vitamin c in it

@lipglossxo I personally wouldn't recommend it especially if you're already taking supplements with vitamin C. Our bodies can only utilize so much of the vitamins we consume, and any point after that is basically filtered and excreted (useless), or can lead to toxicity. 

Ok thanks

I think the best investment you can do is eating rich antioxidant foods and good skincare routine ,the supplements never seemed to work good for me.

Yeah it almost seems like it would be a waste of money otherwise everyone would be taking them if they actually worked.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing