michjkim

Can't decide, serums...

(0) Hearts

Hi, I am 35, have issues with my skin such as roughness, enlarged pores, acne scars, and dullness.  I can't decide which serum to get...!  I'm thinking either Lancome Visionnaire, Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement, Laura Mercier Total Vitamin serum, Ole Henriksen Total serum Vit. C or Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective serum (or any of the Shiseido line).  I happen to be a smoker... trying to quit :smileyhappy:  TY!!!

updatedversion

Re: Can't decide, serums...

(0) Hearts

Hi!

I would suggest that you should exfoliate your skin first before putting any serum or anything on your face. Exfoliating would help get rid of dead skins, help shrink your pores, most especially your skin will be able to drink up the moisture from the serum or any moisturizer for that matter.

Regarding which serum I prefer the Truth Serum® Vitamin C Collagen Booster vs Lancome Visionnaire. For some reason visionnaire did not do anything for my skin. As for the Truth Serum my skin has felt much smoother, radiant, and has help with lightening my acne scar on my jaw line. I love the fact that this has vitamin c which help slows the rate of free-radical damages on your skin.

Hope this help!

NYStephA

(0) Hearts

If you want to avoid harmful chemicals or potential carcinogenic ingredients I would go with an all-natural product that is paraben free.  My absolute favorite all natural serum is the Airelle Age Defying Facial Serum.  It does a great job in shrinking pores, improving my skin texture (makes it feel nice and smooth!), and really gives my skin a nice glow.  I've had really great results with this product and highly recommend it! 

michjkim

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your opinions & suggestions!  I'm still not sure, tho! lol

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Some options you can look at for these problems would be the Perricone Blue plasma peel, or Dr. Gross' Alpha Beta daily face peel. It's not as scary as it sounds, these will retexturize your skin and give you an amazing glow. Hope this helps!

corrin99

(0) Hearts

Good luck quitting!  I have not tried a lot of those, but I will tell you what I love.  When my pores look large I get Clinique Exfoliating Scrub, it makes my pores look smaller, skin much smoother/ softer, and old red marks fade.  I have tried Clinique Turnaround Serum and loved it, it does the same things as the scrub but it's gentler and you can use it daily, it made my skin very silky and bright.  Both products are worth a try especially the scrub for $19, it's a need for me.

ChicDabbler

Texture-wise, Ole Henriksen Truth serum (I'm assuming this is what you meant) is very watery/gel-ish and sinks in well. My mom is a fan of Shiseido. Lancome Visionnaire is creamy serum ish with tiny shimmer/light reflecting particles and it flakes/rubs off my combination skin when I used it when Algenist overnight cream. =/

Other than that I don't know about the other two. I vote for Ole Henriksen or Shiseido. =]

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • ChicDabbler
    • michjkim
    • beautylovingirl
    • updatedversion
    • NYStephA