KrissiM

Best under eye cream for the treatment of dark circles?

I'm 22 and have sensitive skin and am looking for a good under eye cream that helps with the treatment of dark circles under the eyes (not light-reflecting particles or anything--something that actually treats them so that over time they aren't as visible). Any recommendations?! 

poppit

Re: Best under eye cream for the treatment of dark circles?

(0) Hearts

I've been sing Philosophy Hope in a Tube Eye and Lip Cream at night, and Eye Hope in the mornings for a few years now and they definitely help keep my dark circles from constant lack of sleep at bay.

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For something to treat dark circles, vitamin K is a reliable ingredient as it strengthens and repairs leaking/damaged capillaries that cause enhanced deepening of dark circles. Peter Thomas Roth makes an eye cream that address with and more info on vitamin K is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Help-dark-circles-need-help-reducing-them/m-p/419209...

In the below, additional thread are more suggestions that rely on vitamin C to brighten, peptides to strengthen thin/damaged under eye skin which can make matters look worse, and ways to test if dark circle sources.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/EYE-CREAM-Needed-URGENTLY/m-p/756837/highlight/true#...

KrissiM

(0) Hearts

Okay a lot of good information you got there...I believe my dark circles are just hereditary though because I'm only 22 and I did the whole glass against my under eye thing and didn't see a change in anything. So, if it's hereditary should I be doing an eye treatment or an eye cream? Or both? I don't think its damaged underneath my eye because how exactly would under my eyes get damaged enough at 22 for me to need a peel to slough off the skin? lol I think its hereditary--any help for this? :smileyhappy:

stacv

(0) Hearts

I love Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Roller. It kicks dark circles and conceals wonderfully. On some days I have to add Lumi for light reflection when I've had, like, 3 hours sleep but it does a great job on its own for most days without adding anything else. 

KrissiM

(0) Hearts

Cheaper alternative! Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Jandi

(0) Hearts

I like the Alergenist Eye Balm and the Fresh Black Tea Eye cream. Both are great for treating under eye darkness.

KrissiM

(0) Hearts

Never heard of the first one but it got really good reviews! The second one, I've hear of but haven't got around to trying it. I'll try these out! Thanks :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • stacv
    • Jandi
    • poppit
    • KrissiM