cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|
Anonymous Insider

Approaching 40

So this August I will be turning 40...although most people guess I'm early 30's...saying that I do look young for my age but however I am struggling with dullness and firmness in my skin....fine lines will also soon be a concern for me.

i am looking for some advice on a skin care regimen that has results and works! Either drugstore brands or bigger names...it's so hard cause there is so much out there...just wondering if anyone has recommendations on products they've tried that work? 

Thanks 

Re: Approaching 40

I would definitely be exfoliating twice a week and keeping up with a hydrated face!

Verso 8 Eye serum is a wonder product!! It stings a little, but thats ok 😉 I use it under eye cream and it made my eyes brighter and lessened any crows feet.

Try a jade roller at night too, after you have finished up your night time routine, roll that cool jade over your face to lock in your products. It's also a great massage for your face/neck/decollete, which will help with dullness and firmness

@Anonymous I'm also getting into anti-aging.  I recommend reading Paula Begoun's book, "The Beauty Bible."  I use Retin-A b/c not only is it good for anti-ace, but it's also anti-aging.  I'm using FAB Retinol Serum for my eye area, to increase my retinol tolerance.  And I just bought a Vitamin C serum from Paula's Choice for antioxidants; I use her BHA 9, also.  My moisturizer is CeraVe PM, and it has skin identical ingredients and cell communicating ingredients.  So I guess I'm saying start with some retinol and antioxidants.  Good luck!

Anonymous Insider

The Creme Du Nil will improve your skin's firmness and have you glowing. I apply the Pure Nilotica Melt (a balm) at night and use the Creme (the moisturizer) in the morning.

Hi Babesgirl, I hear you! It becomes more and more important to exfoliate regularly as we age. I've come to realization that I just need to do it every day. I use First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads and can definitely see a difference if I skip it. I would also recommend Ole Henriksen Truth Serum. It contains antioxidants which help protect the skin and vitamin C which will help brighten and tighten 🙂

Make sure you are using a moisturizer that gives you enough hydration for your skin type, as dehydration can cause premature aging. I love Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream. It really does brighten immediately. I was not wearing makeup and got complimented on my "highlighter".  It's pretty lightweight so it is suitable for all skin types. I'm dry so I do use an oil beforehand. Also, make sure not to skip the sunscreen!

Hi @Anonymous,

I would definitely recommend including a daily SPF if you don't already. It's a great way to prevent aging and of course protects you from the sun! I love the Neogen Dermalogy Day-Light Protection Sun Screen SPF 50 PA+++. I've used on my combo oily skin and my friend with dry skin and it works well for both of us! It also smells very slightly of oranges. 

SUNDAY RILEY Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment is great for revealing smoother, fresher, younger looking skin. It's perfect for all skin types and ages and brings instant radiance to skin! 

OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® is a powerful antiaging serum that combined vitamin C and collagen for brightening and all-day hydration. It's enriched with orange and green tea extracts and the oil free formula revives the complexion. 

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Peel Extra Strength Daily Peel is a daily treatment to resurrect radiance and combat the three most common signs of aging. It contains seven acids and is easy and safe to use at home!

XOXO,
Marieke

I like results too! And not breaking the bank lol

The best product that has ever touched my skin in terms of results is hands down Rens glycol lactic radiance renewal mask. Game changer. It's a chemical peel but gentle enough to use daily, and if you use it daily...Just wow. You will definitely not have any more dullness, that product perks your skin right up! (I also used it with their 1-minute miracle, but I still feel the GLRRM did most of the work)

As for skincare, ive found that consistently, I've been happy with the $90+ serums that ive tried. That price range seems to be the range of effectiveness. I will say I felt Clinique's custom smart is an excellent formula in the $60 range, but that said...Clarins double serum was better.

I think you need to invest in a good peel and a good serum. Everything else you can kinda play around with. Moisturizer is important; serum is more important. I DO think a night cream is more important than a day cream, or at least that's the time it can do more - I really like farmacy's night balm. Nuxe has a $25 night cream that's not bad either considering it's price point....But Farmacy is better.

I'm pretty sure I'm pointing you in a good direction, but if you have any issues with acne, I might be overshooting the mark. In that case, you can drop down in "oomph" of the products (and price) and check out Ole Henriksen - I really love that brand and think it's the ideal line for mid 20s-mid 30s, when breakouts can still be a struggle but so is the struggle of the first signs of fine lines. Hth!

Anonymous Insider

Thank you...will start my research! I don't have issues with acne or breakouts....just dullness

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing