tinkerbell03

Anti-aging help

I have been looking here for anti-aging help and all I find is 2 questions from older people. Gals in their 20's and 30's aren't really in need of anti-aging products.  I would say 40 and above is the age where suggestions for anti-aging products. I would like to know if anyone with fine wrinkles and some sagging skin issues has any advise on the products they have tried. Not to be rude but could gals of age and these problems please reply. Thank you and I really don't mean to be disrepectful to the younger gals, just anti-aging seems like it should be for older people and all I see is 20-30's with concerns here.  Thank you for any advise you could offer me! <3

kibeth

Re: Anti-aging help

(0) Hearts

Although I am a newcomer to BT I have been a VIB for several years and I am in my 40's.  I have spent a small fortune (much to my husband's despair) trying to find antiaging products that work and so far I have found several that work wonders although it is not a cheap investment.  Perricone MD Cold Plasma addresses firmness, unevenness, and lines.  His moisturizers are the best. I have recently purchased his OVM and I am as of yet undecided.  Dull skin and dark pigment issues I use Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum, although it smells foul, as does the cold plasma.  I also found using Murad Intensive-C Radiance peel two times a week brightens my skin. Like I said, it is a pretty big investment, but I get alot of mileage out of these products, as they absorb wonderful and go along way.  

starletta8

First of all, I'm not offended as a 30-something.  I understand your point- but I'd argue that women of all ages need to care about anti-aging.  It's just the difference between prevention (where I'm at) vs active treatment. I get carded all the time, and I've been of drinking age for over a decade. I credit my skincare, not my genes.

That said, I'll comment on what I've recommended to my mother (who is in her late 60s, so she certainly qualifies).

She's a huge fan of Shiseido's Bio-Performance line, as well as Murad's retinol products.

I also highly recommend Shiseido's Retinol eye masks and overall retinol facial masks for a quick treatment. My mother couldn't believe how much younger she looked after one treatment. Sadly, those are short-term effects but if you can afford it, go for it.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

philosophy Eye Hope is a good product, seems to firm the skin under the eyes.

kareninca

(0) Hearts

Sorry about that, thought I was replying to the post about retinol allergies.  My advice holds except go straight to the Algenist.  The retinol firming serum is incredible as is the firming and lifting eye serum.  I still suggest you give the Korres sleeping facial a

try.

kareninca

(0) Hearts

If you can't use retinol which is the gold standard in aging skin care, then give Korres Quercetin and Oak line a try.  Quercetin which is derived from oak trees is supposedly close to retinol generally without the side effects.  If you can afford it add the Wild Rose and Vitamin C sleeping mask for use once or twice a week.  You will thank me.  FYI, I'm over 50 and have tried this line and liked it but have replaced it with Algenist  they have a retinol serum in their line which many reviewers with sensitive skin (I don't) claim to use without side effects.

Spoiler

wingatprsct

@tinderbell1103 - Thanks for opening this line of discussion.  I am 49 and starting to see those fine lines around the eyes and railroad tracks on my forehead along with hooded lids. I appreciate the suggestions from those who have had success with certain products. I'm looking forward to trying them.  I also have oil-control issues, especially in the summertime, and many products that are anti-aging are very hydrating which can cause blemishes.  Other than breakouts, I'm not very sensitive so that helps.

I have found that BB creams are beneficial for more mature skin.  I just started using Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream and have noticed an incredible difference in my allover skintone.  My skin is softer, smoother, lighter, and brighter with a dewy appearance.  I have also noticed that my crows feet and railroad tracks are less noticable.  I feel that BB creams and tinted moisturizers are better for mature skin than foundation.  It's not as heavy and doesn't settle into the lines and creases.

I still would like to find something that lifts the upper lid area and plumps those little tiny lines under my eyes (besides botox).  Keep the suggestions coming!

tinkerbell03

Thank you all for your opinions and suggestion! I plan on trying them all. One by one of course.lol Good luck to all of us over 40's and over 50's, and agin thank you! <3

prosopon

I am not in this category but my mom is and she has been trying different products and sharing what has/has not been working for her.  Something that she has been using that I immediately noticed a difference after not seeing her for a couple of weeks is called Retinol anti-wrinkle face serum.  She found it at Sally's.  The bottle says L&L skincare cosmetics and it was very reasonably priced.  I asked her about skin sensitivity (that is a problem I have) and she said she has not had any problem even using it every day.  I know that I will be trying this out later.

Twiggie

Hi!  I'm 40 and am happy to chime in here, as i've noticed the same thing. 

I get mistaken for someone in their late 20's-early 30's literally ALL the time and i absolutely credit good skincare and hydration/diet.  I have just begun to notice a few fine lines under my eyes so am attacking full-force (which sadly means more pricey products, i'm afraid).  I can recommend Natura Bisse for real results with the fine lines - i've been using the "Eye Contour Cream" for several months now (a little goes a very long way, which makes it easier to bear the cost) and have definitely noticed my fine lines are much smoother.  Their Glycoline products are excellent as well.

I definitely agree that tretenoin helps - but not if you are using the Glycoline - it would be overkill and probably burn! 

I've also used and loved Chantecaille Nano-Gold eye cream - it's pricey, again, but a small sample tube of it lasted me over a month.  It's extremely rich and i swear i noticed a softening within a week - it also diffuses light, which improves the appearance immediately. 

And finally, i strongly recommend hemp-seed oil.  It is fantastic for  intense moisture and skin-plumping (which will help with the appearance of sagging) and you can smooth it over the whole face and pat under the eyes. It is incredibly nourishing and i use it pretty much every day in tandem with my other eye-creams.  It's also dirt-cheap - you don't need anything fancy or pricey - just simple hemp-seed oil.  

I hope this helps a bit.  

BCMother

(0) Hearts

You give great advice, I really appreciate a few of the threads you've commented on. You give very good, simple directions and I trust what you are saying. I read your reply regarding the cysts and now this one and what you've shared is going to help me a lot! Thank you!

cachad

Am going to have to agree here. Chantecaille does amazing skin care (and makeup) the Nano cream and the lift cream do an excellent job countering aging and gravity. 

WIll say was surprised at how well Algenist worked on my forehead line and my eyes. After about a month and a half I noticed fewer wrinkles and some new ones had reversed. Def keeping that in my box of tricks.

NYStephA

I'm over 50 so I hear you loud and clear!  I've tried lots of different products over the years, and there are definitely plenty to choose from!  I must say, the best product that I have found that has given me the best results (and is natural, paraben and sulfate free!) is from a product line called Airelle.  It is a very exclusive line, and not easy to find, but they have a website www.airelleskin.com where you can learn about and purchase their products.  For fine lines and sagging skin, I highly recommend their Anti-aging Facial Serum and Eye and Lip Treatment.  Both of these products are unlike anything I've ever used before!!  You can feel your skin tighten up just shortly after applying the products.  It's amazing!  I'm hooked on this stuff, so I use their Exfoliating Cleanser and Repair complex as well which makes up my daily routine.  Good Luck and I hope this helps!

Anabirgite

I am so happy you posted you request. I just wish more over 40's would answer. I too am seeking skincare advice for the over 40. Thank you HM Newbie, I will try several of your suggestions.

HMNewbie

I'm 46.  I qualify :smileywink: 

I just posted another question on loose skin (weight loss issue to boot) because I have what I would call "orange peel" looking skin.  Through my weight loss, I've kept my face on my skull (woo-hoo!) and my neck is in pretty good shape.  I credit tretenoin (available at the dermatologist) and Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream.  I've tried a lot of "thick" night-time moisturizers and Shiseido is probably the best I've come across. 

I use Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Purifying Cleansing oil because it's really gentle and I don't feel like I'm pulling my face off when I take off my make up - plus, I can use it over my eyes so no need for extra eye make-up remover.  Very important not to stretch the skin anymore than it already is.

I also recommend using an eye cream.  Tried a lot of those too.  Right now I use Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacing Eye Cream and it's pretty good.  I've used Perricone, which was excellent, but I can't get past the fishy smell.  For already aging skin, I don't recommend Origins.  Didn't do that much for me.  Might be pretty good for heading off aging, but not so good once you've already got some signs. 

Last but not least, I cannot say enough about Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream.  Any time my skin is acting up due to a peel or over-active exfoliation, that stuff seriously helps me heal (as we age, that doesn't happen so quickly either).  Smells good, too. 

Hope this helps and remember that we all have to find what works well for us.  I have combination skin now (didn't used to, yay hormones!) so what used to work doesn't anymore.  A lot of times, it's just trial and error until you find what does the trick. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • kareninca
    • prosopon
    • cachad
    • tinkerbell03
    • starletta8
    • HMNewbie