tinkerbell03

Anti-aging help

I have been looking here for anti-aging help and all I find is 2 questions from older people. Gals in their 20's and 30's aren't really in need of anti-aging products.  I would say 40 and above is the age where suggestions for anti-aging products. I would like to know if anyone with fine wrinkles and some sagging skin issues has any advise on the products they have tried. Not to be rude but could gals of age and these problems please reply. Thank you and I really don't mean to be disrepectful to the younger gals, just anti-aging seems like it should be for older people and all I see is 20-30's with concerns here.  Thank you for any advise you could offer me! <3

cachad

Re: Anti-aging help

Am going to have to agree here. Chantecaille does amazing skin care (and makeup) the Nano cream and the lift cream do an excellent job countering aging and gravity. 

WIll say was surprised at how well Algenist worked on my forehead line and my eyes. After about a month and a half I noticed fewer wrinkles and some new ones had reversed. Def keeping that in my box of tricks.

NYStephA

I'm over 50 so I hear you loud and clear!  I've tried lots of different products over the years, and there are definitely plenty to choose from!  I must say, the best product that I have found that has given me the best results (and is natural, paraben and sulfate free!) is from a product line called Airelle.  It is a very exclusive line, and not easy to find, but they have a website www.airelleskin.com where you can learn about and purchase their products.  For fine lines and sagging skin, I highly recommend their Anti-aging Facial Serum and Eye and Lip Treatment.  Both of these products are unlike anything I've ever used before!!  You can feel your skin tighten up just shortly after applying the products.  It's amazing!  I'm hooked on this stuff, so I use their Exfoliating Cleanser and Repair complex as well which makes up my daily routine.  Good Luck and I hope this helps!

Anabirgite

I am so happy you posted you request. I just wish more over 40's would answer. I too am seeking skincare advice for the over 40. Thank you HM Newbie, I will try several of your suggestions.

HMNewbie

I'm 46.  I qualify :smileywink: 

I just posted another question on loose skin (weight loss issue to boot) because I have what I would call "orange peel" looking skin.  Through my weight loss, I've kept my face on my skull (woo-hoo!) and my neck is in pretty good shape.  I credit tretenoin (available at the dermatologist) and Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream.  I've tried a lot of "thick" night-time moisturizers and Shiseido is probably the best I've come across. 

I use Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Purifying Cleansing oil because it's really gentle and I don't feel like I'm pulling my face off when I take off my make up - plus, I can use it over my eyes so no need for extra eye make-up remover.  Very important not to stretch the skin anymore than it already is.

I also recommend using an eye cream.  Tried a lot of those too.  Right now I use Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacing Eye Cream and it's pretty good.  I've used Perricone, which was excellent, but I can't get past the fishy smell.  For already aging skin, I don't recommend Origins.  Didn't do that much for me.  Might be pretty good for heading off aging, but not so good once you've already got some signs. 

Last but not least, I cannot say enough about Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream.  Any time my skin is acting up due to a peel or over-active exfoliation, that stuff seriously helps me heal (as we age, that doesn't happen so quickly either).  Smells good, too. 

Hope this helps and remember that we all have to find what works well for us.  I have combination skin now (didn't used to, yay hormones!) so what used to work doesn't anymore.  A lot of times, it's just trial and error until you find what does the trick. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kareninca
    • prosopon
    • cachad
    • mpas
    • tinkerbell03
    • crayzeeRN