tinkerbell03

Anti-aging help

I have been looking here for anti-aging help and all I find is 2 questions from older people. Gals in their 20's and 30's aren't really in need of anti-aging products.  I would say 40 and above is the age where suggestions for anti-aging products. I would like to know if anyone with fine wrinkles and some sagging skin issues has any advise on the products they have tried. Not to be rude but could gals of age and these problems please reply. Thank you and I really don't mean to be disrepectful to the younger gals, just anti-aging seems like it should be for older people and all I see is 20-30's with concerns here.  Thank you for any advise you could offer me! <3

mpas

Re: Anti-aging help

(0) Hearts

Im 25 and have noticeable frown and forehead lines.  God knows what I would look like if I waited until 40 to start anti aging process.

I love amorepacific products.  My mother who is 54 uses Elizabeth Arden prevage serum and ceramide moisturizer.

kibeth

(0) Hearts

At risk of sounding like an advertisement, I have noticed a significant improvement using Perricone MD Cold

Plasma for fine lines and supplements.  Also OVM addresses firmness and I noticed results right away.  I use Myriad rapid age spot and pigment lightening serum for age spots, treating only the age spots and they were significantly reduced in 2 weeks.  I have tried a variety of products in my 43 years and these have helped me the best.  Good luck and if you have any advice on creepy skin under eyes I would appreciate your input.

deannarp

(0) Hearts

I'm 41 and I was late to the anti aging skincare game. i wish I had started something  earlier on and cudos to the 20s and 30s gals who are proactive. 

I have noticed a slow but significant difference in texture and firmness with consistent use of glycolic acids, antioxidant serums,Olay regenerist creams, and facial oils. I have started to add Retinol products and have noticed an increased improvement lately. I'm not sure what product of all has made the biggest difference so I am keeping them all in my rotation. 

my products are from all different lines as there are stars and poor performers in every line.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I think you are never too young to start using anti aging products.  Someone gave me great advice and said I needed to invest in good eye cream before my 25th birthday.  If I could have afforded it earlier, I would have.  The people in my family do not age well.  That has a lot to do with genetics, I think. At 34, I am probably more wrinkled than your average 34 year old.  If I did not start taking care of my skin around 25, I am sure I would look even older.

I love Lancome products.  The Absolue line has been very great for my skin.  I use three of their serums, Genefique, Vissionaire and Dreamtone (I always use Genefique and I alternate the other two).  Three serums at once seems a little much for me, but I like what they all do.  It does not hurt that I purchase when a GWP is out, so I feel like I am getting a good deal.  If I add what I have spent just on Lancome within the past year, I think they are brilliant with their promos.

It Cosmetics has a complete Anti Aging line with some good products too.

My best advice is get samples before you buy anything.  Just because something works great for one person, it does not mean it will work great for the next.  Hopefully, you can get deluxe samples, because it is hard to get a feel for a product in a foil.

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

I'm 25 and deliberately use anti-aging serums. I've been experimenting a lot with serums as of late and have found by far the best results with anti-aging serums. They contain a ton of good ingredients that do a lot more than just target wrinkles/fine lines. My skin looks healthier, less dehydrated, has more even color, better tone and looks more radiant. No, I don't have wrinkles or fine lines to treat yet- but I can most definitely help to prevent them and get exactly the skincare benefits I want at the same time :smileyhappy: 

Just my two cents :smileyhappy: I do hope you are able to find a skincare solution that works for you! Great topic for discussion too :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Yes, you are treating your skin now whilst simultaneously investing in its future.  Wise woman.  You will wake up one day in your 50s and thank your younger self for being so responsible.

evno

[ Edited ]

I'm barely into my 20's, but my mom is well into her 50's and doesn't look it. There was a recent incident where people thought she was my older sister. :smileytongue:  She has dry skin, fine lines, and loss of firmness. Her favorite products are from Estee Lauder, especially the Soft Clean Silky Hydrating Lotion, Resilience Lift, and Advanced Night Repair. She also massages her face every day with light tapping and smooth, circular motions to drain the skin while she's applying the creams to her face. 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

i will throw in my vote for Algenist. i am 49 and still have issues with monthly breakouts and mid-afternoon oiliness. My skin can't take the usual heavy, moisturizing anti-aging products, so it is a challenge. I have only found 2 brands that I can use any  product with no irritation or breakouts--Clinique and Algenist. I have had amazing results from Algenist, and nothing is overly heavy or makes me break out. I like the CLinique but it didn't seem too good at the antiaging part, so i switched right after Christmas. Most other brands, and I have tried a LOT,  at all price points  or stores, make me break out. tried the Neutrogena rapid wrinkle repair but it is highly fragranced and made me break out--is use it on the top of my hands, and it has really helped!!    I agree that the majority of the people here are younger, but everyone needs advice and with luck, everyone will continue to age... :smileyhappy:

starlove906

(0) Hearts

Hey guys I am 18 years old . I was wondering what anti-aging products are good for me. I bought three sample products  one was the truth serum collagen booster. I put that in the morning I think it does me well.Then I have the ole henrisken sheer transformation and invigorating gel. I dont know if its drying out my under eye. What do you guys think I should do? Thank you everybody

LaiceeB18

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

PM sent just because I feel like that is less blow up :smileywink:

Blow up = Ramble lol. I feel like I do that.

kibeth

(0) Hearts

Although I am a newcomer to BT I have been a VIB for several years and I am in my 40's.  I have spent a small fortune (much to my husband's despair) trying to find antiaging products that work and so far I have found several that work wonders although it is not a cheap investment.  Perricone MD Cold Plasma addresses firmness, unevenness, and lines.  His moisturizers are the best. I have recently purchased his OVM and I am as of yet undecided.  Dull skin and dark pigment issues I use Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum, although it smells foul, as does the cold plasma.  I also found using Murad Intensive-C Radiance peel two times a week brightens my skin. Like I said, it is a pretty big investment, but I get alot of mileage out of these products, as they absorb wonderful and go along way.  

starletta8

First of all, I'm not offended as a 30-something.  I understand your point- but I'd argue that women of all ages need to care about anti-aging.  It's just the difference between prevention (where I'm at) vs active treatment. I get carded all the time, and I've been of drinking age for over a decade. I credit my skincare, not my genes.

That said, I'll comment on what I've recommended to my mother (who is in her late 60s, so she certainly qualifies).

She's a huge fan of Shiseido's Bio-Performance line, as well as Murad's retinol products.

I also highly recommend Shiseido's Retinol eye masks and overall retinol facial masks for a quick treatment. My mother couldn't believe how much younger she looked after one treatment. Sadly, those are short-term effects but if you can afford it, go for it.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

philosophy Eye Hope is a good product, seems to firm the skin under the eyes.

kareninca

(0) Hearts

Sorry about that, thought I was replying to the post about retinol allergies.  My advice holds except go straight to the Algenist.  The retinol firming serum is incredible as is the firming and lifting eye serum.  I still suggest you give the Korres sleeping facial a

try.

kareninca

(0) Hearts

If you can't use retinol which is the gold standard in aging skin care, then give Korres Quercetin and Oak line a try.  Quercetin which is derived from oak trees is supposedly close to retinol generally without the side effects.  If you can afford it add the Wild Rose and Vitamin C sleeping mask for use once or twice a week.  You will thank me.  FYI, I'm over 50 and have tried this line and liked it but have replaced it with Algenist  they have a retinol serum in their line which many reviewers with sensitive skin (I don't) claim to use without side effects.

Spoiler

wingatprsct

@tinderbell1103 - Thanks for opening this line of discussion.  I am 49 and starting to see those fine lines around the eyes and railroad tracks on my forehead along with hooded lids. I appreciate the suggestions from those who have had success with certain products. I'm looking forward to trying them.  I also have oil-control issues, especially in the summertime, and many products that are anti-aging are very hydrating which can cause blemishes.  Other than breakouts, I'm not very sensitive so that helps.

I have found that BB creams are beneficial for more mature skin.  I just started using Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream and have noticed an incredible difference in my allover skintone.  My skin is softer, smoother, lighter, and brighter with a dewy appearance.  I have also noticed that my crows feet and railroad tracks are less noticable.  I feel that BB creams and tinted moisturizers are better for mature skin than foundation.  It's not as heavy and doesn't settle into the lines and creases.

I still would like to find something that lifts the upper lid area and plumps those little tiny lines under my eyes (besides botox).  Keep the suggestions coming!

tinkerbell03

Thank you all for your opinions and suggestion! I plan on trying them all. One by one of course.lol Good luck to all of us over 40's and over 50's, and agin thank you! <3

prosopon

I am not in this category but my mom is and she has been trying different products and sharing what has/has not been working for her.  Something that she has been using that I immediately noticed a difference after not seeing her for a couple of weeks is called Retinol anti-wrinkle face serum.  She found it at Sally's.  The bottle says L&L skincare cosmetics and it was very reasonably priced.  I asked her about skin sensitivity (that is a problem I have) and she said she has not had any problem even using it every day.  I know that I will be trying this out later.

Twiggie

Hi!  I'm 40 and am happy to chime in here, as i've noticed the same thing. 

I get mistaken for someone in their late 20's-early 30's literally ALL the time and i absolutely credit good skincare and hydration/diet.  I have just begun to notice a few fine lines under my eyes so am attacking full-force (which sadly means more pricey products, i'm afraid).  I can recommend Natura Bisse for real results with the fine lines - i've been using the "Eye Contour Cream" for several months now (a little goes a very long way, which makes it easier to bear the cost) and have definitely noticed my fine lines are much smoother.  Their Glycoline products are excellent as well.

I definitely agree that tretenoin helps - but not if you are using the Glycoline - it would be overkill and probably burn! 

I've also used and loved Chantecaille Nano-Gold eye cream - it's pricey, again, but a small sample tube of it lasted me over a month.  It's extremely rich and i swear i noticed a softening within a week - it also diffuses light, which improves the appearance immediately. 

And finally, i strongly recommend hemp-seed oil.  It is fantastic for  intense moisture and skin-plumping (which will help with the appearance of sagging) and you can smooth it over the whole face and pat under the eyes. It is incredibly nourishing and i use it pretty much every day in tandem with my other eye-creams.  It's also dirt-cheap - you don't need anything fancy or pricey - just simple hemp-seed oil.  

I hope this helps a bit.  

BCMother

(0) Hearts

You give great advice, I really appreciate a few of the threads you've commented on. You give very good, simple directions and I trust what you are saying. I read your reply regarding the cysts and now this one and what you've shared is going to help me a lot! Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kareninca
    • prosopon
    • cachad
    • mpas
    • tinkerbell03
    • crayzeeRN