BeautyJunkie325

Anti Aging for Oily & Sensitive Skin

Okay, I hate to admit it but I turned 40 this year (ewwwwww).  I will say that I don't really look my age because I don't have fine lines and wrinkles around my eyes, etc like friends who are older & younger than me.  I do have some wrinkles/ridges on my forehead which I blame on stress from my last job.  I want to add something to my current regimen but with oily & sensitive skin I have to be careful when I add new items into the rotation. 

Currently I do the following -

AM -

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (fall/winter) or Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (spring/summer)

Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector

PM -

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

Clinique Toner (Only when I'm feeling extra oily)

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (fall/winter) or Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (spring/summer)

Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage

2x a week I'll use Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub in the shower.

I have ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment that I have used a few times & liked the way my skin felt.

I am open to just about anything, but

Emeraldlight

Re: Anti Aging for Oily & Sensitive Skin

(0) Hearts

One of the best things you can do for your skin is finding a good sunscreen. It's something that is needed rain or shine. The sunscreen will give you protection from the sun's rays and florescent lights, which causes damage to the skin.

I  can't suggest one, because I don't have oily skin. But I do know that Shiseido has a great line of sunscreens. I've used their sunscreens before.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

hmm, it looks like everything you are using right now are pretty basic. At some point you would want to switch to an anti-aging eye cream, Shiseido is usually a safe choice, benefiance might be too rich so try Bio-performance. Origins is also pretty good for sensitive skin, I like the Plantscription eye treatment (treatment is more lightweight than the cream so better for oily skin).

But since you've got lines on your forehead, I would recommend adding an anti-aging serum such as Murad Resurgence or Shiseido. Serums are generally pretty potent, so it's probably best if you can see/sample them in store first. Since you are already using Clinique, why not upgrade to their anti-aging moisturizer?

Also, incorporate products one at a time to let the skin adjust. If you change everything at the same time and get a reaction, you won't be able to figure out what caused it.

BeautyJunkie325

Where do you cleansing serum, before or after your moisturuizer?  

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

1. Cleansing

2. Toner

3. Serum

4. Eye cream

5. Moisturizer

Basically you want the lightweight/thinner stuff before the thicker stuff so everything absorbs. =)

BeautyJunkie325

Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • Emeraldlight