autobiographer

A fix for dark circles?

(0) Hearts

I'm 21 years old and my dark circles have been pretty bad my whole life. Without makeup, I've got total panda eyes. Now that I'm getting a bit older, the veins on my eyelids are very apparent and under my eyes, my pores are really defined and I often notice little broken blood vessels here and there. Is there a product out there that might fix these issues in my skin? 

kd006

Re: A fix for dark circles?

I'm kind of surprised no one has recommended you a corrector. For dark circles you should be using a corrector. It will cancel out any discoloration you have under your eyes. I use the bobbi brown corrector. You seriously need the smallest amount of this.. It's powerful stuff. I also even use it around my nose where I have a lot of redness and I love it. The biggest mistake you can make with this product is using too much though, because it will look cakey and it will crease. But if you use a tiny bit it looks amazing. Just put a thin layer and build up if you need more. Also I use the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set that and also be a little more bright under my eyes :smileyhappy:

starletta8

I cannot believe I ever lived without Shiseido WrinkleResist Eye Cream.

I know you're thinking "but I didn't say anything about wrinkles, I said dark circles!"

I was born with ridiculous dark circles. My parents called me their little raccoon as a child since it looked like I had 2 shiners most of the time.  I've struggled my whole life, tried every concealer under the sun- but still struggled.

Until I tried that cream.  Now I only need one concealer and the circles are covered.  Without makeup, I look better than I ever have.  I highly recommend getting a sample of this- it's that amazing.

bowlofmushypeas

Origins GinZing didn't do much for me besides moisturize. I'm currently using Tarte Eye Treatment which worked amazingly for the first week and has not kept it up, though I'd still recommend it over GinZing. Another one I got as a sample and am thinking of purchasing is Bliss Instant Eye Gel which feels SO smooth and refreshing, and worked at least for the first few days until I ran out! It doesn't have as many reviews, but it might be worth a shot! 

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-c-brighter-eye-treatment-P377545

http://www.sephora.com/triple-oxygen-instant-energizing-eye-gel-P296106

NuToSeph

hey there! i have the problem as yours. my eyes have had excessive sun damage and alot of late hours to top that. I tried "Caudalie premier cru eyes" super expensive but it really worked for me. Sephora ladies introduced me to it and am in love with the product. hope it works for you too.Yeah dark circles dont really vanish completely, those creams just make you feel less guilty about them :smileywink:

autobiographer

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! I appreciate them a ton. For my case in particular I was leaning towards more skin care products instead of makeup. I have a good coverup regimen but I'd like to take preventative measures too. I will check into all the suggestions I've gotten here :smileyvery-happy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Nothing will really completely get rid of dark circles. mine are hereditary and while some have them from lack of sleep those are more temporary. Plenty of water is good for your skin. There are eye creams geared towards that but i haven't found anything to fully hide them which is why i think makeup is a better solution in terms of cover up. hope you find what you need :smileyhappy:

Spyski

Hey there, I know the feeling! I asked a similar question a couple months ago and got alot of helpful advice! Here is the link:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Dark-Circles-Genetic/m-p/437339#U437339

Spyski

Oh, and @lylysa posted a link in there as well with very helpful advice. Check it out and hope it helps!

onomotopoeia9

I never thought eye creams were worth anything until i tried the ORIGINS GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. I swear by it now! I apply it both under my eye and on my eyelids, and the results are amazing and almost instant...

In my opinion, the tarte concealer has the most coverage from the many concealers that I've tried.

And about the pores, try a pore-refining primer under your foundation.

autobiographer

(0) Hearts

I've been using the ginZing and I really love it! Thanks a bunch for suggesting it to me! 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Ouh thats the one i use, i love that eye cream for the day time!

which tarte concealer? ive only tried the smooth operator stick one and while it had good coverage it was too thick for me

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

the maracuja crease-less concealer. and its a bit shiny, so i put some powder over it (which i do anyhow)

also,the cover fx cream foundation works great for me - http://www.sephora.com/total-cover-cream-foundation-P376285?skuId=1465681

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Il have to look into that. I don't mind shiny either since i have to set all of my concealer with powder. otherwise it will never stay. i feel like i looked into it but didnt find a color match. now i like to mix in my highlights anyway so it might work

aviscardi

I feel you on the dark circles, ive learned to live with mine so i don't expect to completely cover them but to at least brighten them up. I have a few, the mac highlighter in light boost i like to dab on with other concealers to lighten them- its a soft yellow creamy color. I use the hd mufe concealer and the nars radiant creamy concealer. and i top it whatever i wear with a pink highlighter like maybelline or mac to brighten. set with ben nye banana & cameo powder. if you have trouble with staying power make sure to moisturize under and i would suggest a sample of the SB under eye primer

for pores, UD deslick in the tube is great as well as Porefessional from Benefit. 

For darkness on your lids, i love using UD eden primer to cancel out before applying any eyeshadow. I also alternate with mac soft ochre since its a little more yellow toned. 

hth!! :smileyhappy:

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

oooh, yes - I love benefits porefessional :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • aviscardi