(0) Hearts

fine lines on forehead and around the eyes skin looking dull and tired

emrod10

Re: 33 and I need advice on anti aging and sun damage products

(0) Hearts

Thank you for your suggestion kimchikween :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

I can only share my personal experience, so here's my $.02. I'm near the same age and have the same issues along with dark circles, dark spots, large pores around nose, and combination skin.  A lot due to years of smoking (have quit).

I was getting tired of being told "You look tired" and have been on a consistent regiment for about 4 months now and am starting to see results - granted the below ain't cheap and I'm sure there are less expensive options, but I'm sticking with what I have right now (not all used at once, of course):

• Kate Somerville RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream
  • Dr. Dennis Gross - Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution
  • Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peels --> saw results fairly quickly in lessened dullness
  • Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra-Pure Vitamin C Brightening Serum

As with anything, you have to stick with it and not change things around because you don't see immediate results.  I also increase my water intake, decreased coffee, improved sleep (was diagnosed with sleep apnea), changed cleanser to oil cleanser, and get a facial every couple of months.

Hope you find something that works for you!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Oh! Forgot - I just got the GLAMGLOW eye treatment.  It's definitely not like any other serum (like putting some kind of green/black goo on your eyes).  It also burned for a little bit but when I looked in the mirror this morning, I saw that my dark circles were a little lighter.  I was really surprised.  Wish I had a before and after shot.

invisiblebike

(0) Hearts

FYI, burning is never a sign that a product is working -- it's a sign there are bad irritants in a product. If I used something and it burned, I would return it or throw it away.

drrragon

oh I love that Vitamin C serum!  It's really potent stuff!  Unfortunately because of the texture I had to lay off during the hot and humid summer months, but will pick it up again in the autumn.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Yea - I need fairly potent stuff.  Thankfully, I don't have sensitive skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • invisiblebike
    • kimchikween
    • emrod10