alicia971

26-Concerns: Clear Skin and Fine lines - tried everything under the sun

(0) Hearts

Hi everyone,

I feel like I have tried so many products so now I want to get your opinion! First, I'm 26 with oily skin. My biggest concern are wrinkles. I'm starting to get the fine lines around the mouth. I don't use retinal because I think my skin is too sensitive for it. I've seen a lot of recommendations for OLE HENRIKSEN
Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster but I didn't see much of an effect on me. 

My other major concern is clear skin. Lately, I've been noticing I have small bumps all over my face - I'm sure my day/night moisturizer has something to do with this so I think if I get a good moisturizer, this will go away.

I have tried different lines from Shiseido, Amore Pacific, Ole Henriksen, Korres and Murad.

My current line that I'm trying is Origins. I like to keep my regime minimal so ideally I could get a night cream with anti-aging effects instead of using a serum + moisturizer.

I'm mainly looking for a night moisturizer but I am very open to other recommendations for day creams and cleansers.

Thank you!!

shaynaj4

Re: 26-Concerns: Clear Skin and Fine lines - tried everything under the sun

(0) Hearts

I am in a similar boat, but am 38. I tried numerous products and brands, and finally found a regimen that has produced amazing results for me. This is my regimen (see if you can get samples to try it out).

1. Apply Philosophy's Time in a Bottle Facial serum 

2. Apply Philosophy's Take a Deep Breath Mosturizer

3. Apply Philosophy's Miracle Worker Eye Cream

4. Apply Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Primer

5. Follow with makeup

I also wash my face each night with the Clarisonic, using the deep pore cleansing brush along with Philosophy Purity Face Wash. 

NYStephA

(0) Hearts

If you can afford it, I highly recommend the Airelle Intense Repair Complex.  It is a very lightweight moisturizer but packs a very powerful punch!  It's pricey, but I think definitely worth it as I've experienced great results and it leaves my skin feeling AMAZING.  Unfortunately, for oily skin, I can't think of any other product that won't leave your skin feeling greasy, or will provide noticeable results. 

Clakent

(0) Hearts

A good moisturizer, cleanser and toner with spf and anti-aging ingredients should be enough! I'm 25 with oily skin too and I use Monsia skin renewal system which comes with cleanser, toner, moisturizer and night cream. It's anti-aging and it's very refreshing.

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I would think that a night serum would have more punch for your targeted needs.  I love Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair.  Then use a simple moisturizer.  But, whatever you do, make sure you only change one thing in your routine at a time or you will never know which product is causing you havoc.

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

What specific products from Origins are you using? I would look into a good AHA or BHA toner. 

alicia971

(0) Hearts

I bought the value set which includes the checks and balances cleanser and the GinZing moisturizer 

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

Hi! I'm 27, and I'm starting to get fine lines on my forehead and I have been dealing with acne/small bumps on and off for awhile.

I really like Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation as a night moisturizer. My skin is looking better in terms of bumps (though I must confess that my slight forehead lines look the same to me). I love that it doesn't break me out (which is a rarity for me).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • pearlgirl7
    • alicia971
    • NYStephA
    • Clakent
    • CaitlinBrunson