DTalksAll

2013 Sun Safety Kit Predictions

(0) Hearts

It's April which means the Sun Safety Kit should be coming out soon. I'm assuming we'll be seeing a lot of BB creams & maybe some more after sun care, or something for hair. 

What items would you like to see in this year's kit & what are your top 5 items from previous kits? 

Wishful Thinking:

1. PTR Retinol Fusion AM SPF 30

2. Dior Addict Lip Glow SPF 10 

3. Perricone No Foundation Foundation SPF 30 

4. Dr. Dennis Gross A/B Glow pads

5. PTR Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral Powder SPF 30

& I couldn't stop at just 5...

6. Murad Essential-C Sun Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 35

7. Alterna Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade-Proof Fluide

8. Bumble & Bumble Color Minded UV Protective Styling Balm

Previous Favorites:

1. Ole Henriksen Herbal Day Cream SPF 15 (from the pink plastic bag, 3 years ago?)

2. Jack Black Lemon Lip Balm (from the pink plastic bag, 3 years ago?)

3. DDF lip gloss (from the yellow net bag, 6 years ago?) I repurchased it every summer.

4. PTR Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 30 (from the "little miss SPF" tote 2 years ago) 

5. The yellow net bag from 6 years ago. Still use it during the summer. It keeps my essentials in my beach bag/purse. 

weebo

Re: 2013 Sun Safety Kit Predictions

Oh! My hopes: For sure Jack Black lip balm, any type of hair product and some eco-minded creams, hand lotion and nail laquer for swimmers.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

YES, SPF hand lotion! I don't know if they would include nail polish since it's "sun safety" and I Sephora doesn't carry the UV protection nail polishes. 

mafan

(0) Hearts

There was nail polish in last year's kit (both the Sephora and Sephora in JCP kits, which were different, had a mini Sephora by OPI in "I'm Wired").  I think the kits are really worth it, even though I know there will be some things I won't use.  I finally found something I can use on my lower legs without a horrible rash; I don't know how I'd have found it otherwise. 

I could definitely do without too many tanning products.  Something for the hair might be okay, but since I don't color my hair, I sure wouldn't want more than one color protecting item.  I'm happiest when they have a whole range of things.

A hand specific cream with SPF would be great.  In fact, a recommendation of one (that doesn't have the greasy sunscreen feel that some sunscreens have) that is also decently moisturizing would be great.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I actually missed out on last years sun safety kit, but didn't see the polish in any pictures or descriptions. I just got the gelshine in  "I'm wired" during CW & am in love! It's such a nice shade for spring/summer! 

What was the SPF you found for your legs? I loved the old Clarin's milk lotion spray, but they changed the formula and it's not the same anymore :smileysad: 

mafan

I found that the Dr T Supergoop was something that I can use on my legs.  I think that I'm allergic to Oxybenzone, and a lot of sunscreens contain it.  It only seems to be a real problem on my lower legs, maybe pores are more open due to shaving?  Anyway, many sunscreens cause me little red bumps that are incredibly itchy.  (It's so bad that I we going nuts for a good cream when at Disney World one year and trying to find something long to wear that wasn't jeans.  Didn't I look cool in a pair of gauchos or sweatpants with ESPN across my butt!)  I bought the supersize pump to make sure I had something I could use.  It's not super sheer or easy to put on like a spray, but I'll cope with a cream to be comfortable and able to go out in the sun.

ChicDabbler

Hmm, the main thing is I don't like tan, so the only reason why I didn't get last yr's is cuz one of the value item is a generously sized tanning lotion. If this yr's star item isn't that, I can do with anything else, tho after looking at my stash....I think the 10+ mini/deluxe are enough to last me through summer....o.o

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I hope they'll be put an eyecream with a spf in there! I own one and I love to use it for summer especially. :smileyhappy:

lynn1983

(0) Hearts

Josie Maran in it would be awesome...I'm surprised this isn't out yet! 

DTalksAll

Past years it was mid April. I really hope the delay is it to get better deluxe size samples. I will not be spending money on it if it's all sample cards like we got in the VIB bag. 

I am in need of more SPF, and really don't want to buy a product until I see the kit, it normally has enough product to last me all summer. 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Lynn1983-

The Sun Safety kit will be out mid-late May!:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
buzzbee3

I'm considering getting one for both myself and my sister (we're both pale as ghosts, and burn almost instantly).

I've heard great things about these kits, but are they really worth it??? Has anyone ever been disappointed with the products??

DTalksAll

You get to see the products before you buy it, so you can research them if you're unsure. I think they are worth it. I like the small tubes so I can keep them in my purse and reapply as needed when out in the sun. Over the years I've found a few HG prodcuts because of the kit. The also usually have one product with SPF for the eyes, which is enough to last all summer. 

veevali

I'm gotten one the past two years, and although each one has contain a couple things I didn't like at all, the overall value was still worth it for me.

I went back and checked, last year's kit was $30, the year before it was $25. I felt that the actual value of the samples was well over that. They're all deluxe samples that last a long time. I highly recommend it, I believe they always sell out fast too.

quinnlan20

Wishful Thinking:

1. Dior Addict Lip Glow SPF 10

2.Alterna Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade-Proof Fluide

3.Bumble & Bumble Color Minded UV Protective Styling Balm

4. Murad: Essential-C Sun Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++

5. Boscia Daily Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA+++

Previous Favorites:

1. Dr Jart Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45

2. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection lotion

3.Supergoop SPF 30+ City Sunscreen Serum With Uniprotect PT-3