what is the strongest non prescription retinol that you can buy?
(0) Hearts

what is the strongest non prescription retinol that you can buy?

Answers: 3
Answered
(0) Hearts

I believe 1% is the highest you can buy.  "Poetry in Lotion" is the only product on Sephora I could find that contains that amount.

Answered
(0) Hearts

Sephora carries several products including Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM with has some nice ingredients (retinol, squalene, vit. C and E) but it doesn't list the actual percentage of retinol.  There are retinol products on the market from 0.3 to 0.9 % but the highest I've seen is SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0.  I use it...it's wonderful and contains no parabens.

Hope that helps.

Answered
(0) Hearts

actually the PTR retinol fusion pm is a 1.5%. There is no limit that it can have in a product because it is not regulated my the FDA and it is not as strong as its prescription cousins of retinoids. 

I use the ptr 1.5% retinol every night with zero irritation even from the very first night of appication on. i was able to start using it daily with no redness or peeling issues. and this is comming from someone who could NEVER use a retinol because i would get sick of the constant irritation. either try the PTR retinol or Miracle Worker pads from Philosophy.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation