Answer
strwbrrygirl
skincare for 18 year old
(0) Hearts

I am 18 years old and need help with what skincare and antiaging products to use. I cleanse, tone, and moisturize my face every morning and night, but I don't know what else I need to do. My face is dry on my cheeks but is oily on my forehead, nose, and chin. I do get some breakouts and although they're not a huge problem, I want to know what to use to get rid of them. I also want to start using antiaging products now so that my skin will look younger for a longer time. Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ChicDabbler
Answered

It sounds like you are doing great! I would suggest adding a gentle exfoliation every week or so when your skin feel particularly dirty or dry and flaky, or use a mud mask when your skin feel really oily (Queen Helen's Mint Julep mask is the cheapest and work the best of all the mask I've tried <$38). I have combo skin, too, and love Clinique 7 day cream scrub.

As long as you eat healthy and exercise, your body is actually excellent at taking care of itself. Right now I say you don't need or want all the anti-aging/even-skintone/firming hoopla. Some of those are meant for mature skin and the ingredients might cause irritation and I don't know how they react to teenage skin (not to mention they are expensive). More importantly tho, being 24 this year, I can safely say my skin was at it's absolute best and absolutely model-style flawless without make up or photoshop when I was 20-22, and all I did was clean/tone/moisturize with clinique every night, water rinse and drugstore SPF every day, and exfoliate or use a mask every week. For now I suggest focus on hydration and nourishing skin. When you are 22 or 23, start to look into "first sign of aging" or age preventing etc.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • lovelonghair
    • projill
    • ChicDabbler
    • strwbrrygirl