Answer
shuma
discoloration

does the mia clarisonic help get rid of  the discoloration?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
xsophiaa
Answered
[ Edited ]

Well, might improve your overall skin tone, but if you have a severe or noticeable problem I'm pretty sure that wouldn't help a lot. You might want to add a glycolic acid product to your regimen, this is one of the very few ingredients that literally fade hyperpigmentation, discolorations, age spots, acne scarring, etc. But don't use it together with a Clarisonic because there's a very good chance to overexfoliate your skin, and the glycolic acid is also an exfoliatior, so you have to choose one, the Clarisonic or a glycolic acid product. I use and I love Glytone Exfoliating Lotion Step 1, which Sephora doesn't carries, but they have here Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel. This product and all the exfoliating lotions from Glytone are the only ones that I would recommend to you, because all the rest aren't properly formulated how a glycolic acid product should be. You should use a glycolic acid product only at night.

During the day you could add a brightening and antioxidant serum like Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra-Pure Vitamin C Brightening Serum, which I also use and love. This stuff has a very good amount of pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which has potent brightening and specially, antioxidant properties, also has vitamin E and black tea, which are also known for being very very effective antioxidants. Well, the whole ingredients list is fantastic, so you might want to try this product too.

Believe me, this is the way how you could achieve a really more even tone.

Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • anaa
    • xsophiaa
    • shuma