Answer
scarrie1
Why do anti aging moisturizers make my skin peel worse

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
tenngal
Answered

I agree with prettyinpa in why your skin is probably peeling.  She gave you the names of a couple of good products, but I wanted to let you know about two other products that are very good, all natural products that you may want to consider, as well.  You don't need both of them.  I just wanted to give you the information on both of them so that you could decide which one sounds more like what your skin needs.  One offers a little more hydration than the other, but they are both very gentle with no harsh chemicals.  They are:

Caudalie Vinosource Anti-Wrinkle Nourishing Cream is an all natural rich antioxidant cream that fights the appearance of wrinkles and soothes dry skin with intense moisture and nutrients.  It is non-comedogenic so it won’t cause breakouts.  This naturally hydrating cream provides exceptional moisture and minimizes facial lines.  Caudalie's proprietary molecule, Vinolevure offers the power to retain up to 100 times its weight in water for exceptional moisturizing and protective properties that reinforce the immune system.  It immediately relieves tightness and sensitivity as it gives your skin a new level of strength, softness, radiance and lasting hydration.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P6023&categoryId=B70

Caudalie Vinosource Riche Anti-Wrinkle Ultra Nourishing Cream is an all natural antioxidant hydrator that fights the appearance of wrinkles and soothes dry skin and is non-comedogenic so it won’t cause breakouts.  This exceptionally effective, non-irritating, all-day-replenishing cream is ideal for dehydrated skin in need of anti-wrinkle action.  The silky-textured cream delivers antioxidant action and deeply nourishes even the driest skin by stimulating your skin's internal moisture mechanism.  It causes your skin to regain its suppleness while wrinkles caused by dehydration are smoothed.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P95707&categoryId=B70

Good luck and I hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa
Answered
[ Edited ]

If you are using a retinol type product, that can cause some people's skin to flake or peel. Same with AHA/BHA anti-aging products. Try not using any antiaging product except sunscreen to get your skin to calm down, then try a natural product like Caudalie Vinexpert Riche Radience Day Cream. It's quite moisturizing, has some SPF protection (not enough, so use a separate SPF product also) and being a natural product, has a greater chance of not upsetting your skin.

First Aid Beauty also makes an anti aging moisturizer 5 in 1 face cream SPF 30 which though not a natural product, is formulated without a lot of harsh chemicals that could cause sensitivities. I like their Ultra Repair Cream for when I get dry skin in the winter.

Hope this helps!

vtpj
Answered
(0) Hearts

Because that is what they are supposed to do...the layers peel unitl it gets to the point where you have newer skin layers with out the signs of aging.  Some don't care for this becasue it can get painful and red.  But if you are willing to keep upiwth it and wait you will have a good result.

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • prettyinpa
    • scarrie1
    • vtpj