Answer
sls35
Skincare regimen

I was wondering what products can help me with my dark purple circles, & some fine lines around my mouth and my forehead. I rarely get acne. just a zit every once in awhile.  I do have black heads mainly on my nose. My skin is also very dry. I was recommended Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Cream and I was wondering if this is a good product to use for my dark circles. Please any suggestions would be awesome! I am mainly asking for any good face washes, moisturizer, eye cream, and a retinol. I dont know much about retinol so maybe some instructions would be nice too :smileyhappy: . Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
projill
Answered

sls35,

Whoever gave you the recommendation about Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Cream was exactly right.  This is an amazing eye cream that deals with dark circles, puffiness and fine lines.  I personally have this eye cream and it is fantastic.  A tiny little bit is all you need and the tube will last you a very long time.

A good cleanser for dry skin is Murad Essential C cleanser.  It will brighten, firm and even skin tone and won't dry out your skin.

For blackheads, there are many products out there but I recommend a good exfoliator as this will be a multi-tasker for your skin.  Try Kate Somerville Exfolikate- It has physical and enzymatic exfoliators, meaning there are small beads which scrub off dead skin and then there are enzymes that clean out skin and eat away dead skin and bacteria.  This will help your skin to be soft, smooth and free blackheads.  It has salicylic acid and lactic acid to clean out your pores and resurface your skin.  

To hydrate your skin, try Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Moisturizer AM with SPF 30.  This will combat fine lines and help with texture and gives you the SPF you need when using retinol.

Best of luck!

Jill

tenngal
Answered

Hi, sls35.  First of all, let's talk about your dark circles.  There is a wonderful eye cream I know of that not only works to lighten undereye dark circles, but multi-tasks to give you all kinds of anti-aging benefits for your eye area as well and it's called Kate Somerville's CytoCell Dark Circle Corrective Eye Cream.  It's an eye cream that treats all signs of aging around your delicate eye area.  Formulated with Peptide P-199, this concentrated treatment helps with dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness.  This formula is paraben-free and sulfate-free.  According to Kate Somerville, this eye cream reactivates dormant stem cells.  Also, according to Kate Somerville's research results, after four weeks of use, a 25-person user study revealed:
- 88% said skin around their eye area appears dramatically more hydrated
- 72% said their overall appearance feels significantly more youthful
- 64% reported that darkness under the eye appears significantly lighter and brighter
- 60% said dark circles under the eye appear dramatically reduced
- 76% reported they would highly recommend this product to a friend
You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P286709&categoryId=B70

Another product that you may want to consider instead of the above product for your dark circles is Bremenn Research Labs Hylexin which is a dark circle eradicating eye treatment for anyone with serious dark circles (the kind that make you look tired and exhausted).  Hylexin has been specifically developed for serious dark circles.  In clinical studies, it has been shown to help reduce hemoglobin degradation by-products by optimizing enzymatic activity, causing the red-blue pigmentation of dark circles to fade.  Studies also confirm that it actually helps strengthen the capillary matrix to help stop the "leaking," so the delicate skin in the orbital eye area is protected against further damage.  You can find this paraben-free product here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P113602&categoryId=B70

Now about an anti-aging retinol product for your face...Peter Thomas Roth has some fantastic retinol anti-aging products.  One product I really like is Peter Thomas Roth’s Retinol Fusion PM.  Retinol is a clinically proven ingredient known for its anti-aging effects.  Encapsulated retinol has increased stability and ability to enter the skin via a carrier system to deliver serious age-fighting benefits.  Retinol Fusion PM is a potent retinol serum that provides skin-renewing benefits via optimally concentrated encapsulated retinol for maximum results with minimal irritation.  This combination of encapsulated retinol, and vitamins C and E, encourages your skin's renewal process quickly and effectively.  It helps improve skin tone and texture, assists in collagen production and reduces lines and wrinkles to give you an overall healthier-looking complexion.  A dose of moisture minimizes redness and irritation and lessens the retinol's drying effects.  You can find out more about this product is paraben- and sulfate-free product here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P251529&categoryId=B70

Another great retinol product is Peter Thomas Roth’s Retinol Fusion AM Moisturizer SPF 30 which is a wonderful daytime moisturizer that fights wrinkles and protects your skin against UVA and UVB rays.  It works great underneath makeup.  This moisturizer contains a potent concentration of time-released retinol to encourage your skin's renewal process.  With regular use, your skin will be renewed, refreshed, restored and brightened.  Also, your skin’s texture will improve, your skin tone will even out, fine lines and wrinkles will be visibly reduced and pores will appear smaller.  A dose of antioxidants fights free-radical damage, too.  You can find out more about this paraben- and sulfate-free product here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P266132&categoryId=B70

The products may be a little pricey, but they are worth it to me because they actually work and they last a long time because it only takes a tiny portion for each use.

Now about a cleanser for your face...
A fantastic, all natural cleanser that I love to use is Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser.  It is soap-free and provides vitamins, purifying benefits, and soothing effects, removing makeup and impurities while improving your overall complexion's wellbeing.  You can read all about it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12978&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • sls35
    • projill