Answer
xoxocatrina
New to eye cream

Being 26 years young, I am still new to eye cream. I have been using Sephora's Age Defy Eye Cream. It's called something like that, it's in the purple bottle. Anyway, I'm looking to try something else. I don't have any problems such as dry or oily lids and was leaning to Origins GinZing or Clinique all about eyes but am open to any other suggestions. Also, is it necessary to use an eye cream morning and night? If so, would you suggest using a different for each time of day? Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
lylysa
Answered

I've used Origin's GinZing and it was pretty nice, it's not a super duty anti-aging cream, so if you're looking for one that's less frills and more so about just a perk up for the eyes the GinZing could work. The brightening effect was more so a temporary/instant thing, as it uses light diffusers, so it does give a bit of a luminzed look to the eyes, I definitely noticed it did help moisturize and soften the skin on my undereyes.

I do hear good things about the Clinique eye cream. Another thing to look into that's super simple is Garnier's under eye rollers. They have a regular formula, anti-aging, and brightening with a bit of tint. I've used the regular and brightening one and like both. They feel soothing, the roller ball massages the undereye area well and helps calm puffiness.

lylysa
Answered

On a plus note, you don't want to apply eye cream or treatments to lids unless specified to do so, the skin on the lids is extra delicate and most eye creams are a bit too potent and can irritate the skin there.

Only use eye products safe for the area!

ChicDabbler
Answered

GinZing is a bit lighter and more gel-ish than All About Eyes cream gel texture. GinZing also have illuminating particles (tiny shimmers) so it's good for brightening your undereye during the day but can irritate if you apply it over the eyelid. I get dry/flaky skin on my upper lashline, and GinZing's shimmer irritated while All About Eyes is a good creamy basic.

All day eye cream can be used at night, the only thing is they contain extra needless stuff like SPF or shimmer etc. Some of the night anti-aging cream are best used at night. I'm around your age and currently I'm using Origins Eye Doctor, which feels super refreshing and is a basic one that can be used anywhere including the lashline. during the winter when my skin is particularly dry, I will apply eye cream in the morn, then SPF moisturizer all over the face. In the summer I skip the eye cream during the day and up the SPF in my moisturizer. I always apply eye cream at night due to dry lashline.

cherrybombtastic
Answered

Depending on the eye cream, it will specify if you need to use it morning, night, or both. I know with the Origins GinZing, it states to use in the mornings only, but that's because it has this illuminator ingredient. While I haven't tried any Clinique eye creams, I've tried Dermadoctor's eye balm, which is good for day and night, and it's good for sensitive eyes with allergies, like I usually have. I liked that it helped with dark circles, and it was moisturizing without being too rich in its texture. I currently use Kiehl's creamy eye treatment with avocado, and it's definitely richer. However, it's a very basic eye cream. No fuss or fancy ingredients. I use different eye creams for mornings and nights, but that's because my Origins GinZing is a deluxe sample. Normally, I use the same eye cream day and night. I'm 24 years old by the way. I hope this helps and good luck!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • xoxocatrina
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler