Hi there arielaaaaa,
I agree, its never too early to start with anti-aging products. I started using most of my items and sunscreen when I was around 22 and only wish I had started sooner!
Definitely start off with a hydrating spf based moisturizer, as well as a soothing cleanser and a light eye cream. Those are the most important items I would recommend. If you want to start with a light yet effective and not too pricey brand, try using Origins or even Ole Henriksen. A good idea is to start with a whole little kit that has a variety of items to try and get used to. I also like Murad and Ren for some effective and great quality items.
I'm 23 and I dont worry. Sunscreen is the best anti aging cream in the world. Find one you love enough to use *every day* (or before you leave the front door) and it will be your best friend.
I'm 20. It's never too early to start caring for yourself. However, at our age it is more important to focus on eating a healthy diet, not drinking alcohol or smoking..which is a common fad for people our age.. not staying out all night clubbing or cramming for tests things like that... under sleeping.. too much stress on the body can lead to premature aging. Taking these things into consideration is going to do more for us at our young age than any topical cream can do. Believe me, if you follow those things I said you will definitely notice a difference at high school reunions and things..you will be able to tell who did all the partying and drinking with no sleeping because they're lines and wrinkles will tell you so. I think it's important to get into a routine that is going to reduce inflammation. Too much inflammation will eventually lead to wrinkles. So try to buy gentle, soothing skincare products from Sephora that are going to help keep your skin balanced and hydrated without stripping the outer lipid barrier. One topical product that you should really consider trying to wear everyday is some kind of sunscreen. Wear it everyday seriously. it's such a cheap but effective fix for the skin. So, at our age I think it's the same as anything routine..cleanse .. tone.. moisturize. Treat your skin like a piece of delicate lace and it will thank you later on. Just realize that all of those factors play more of an important role than any "miracle" creams you can slap on your face. Water is the cheapest and best hydrator your going to find. Please just don't fall for those ridiculous commercials saying you have to use this cream, that cream, the face lifts in the jar. It's all a gimmick and young skin doesn't need something like that anyway. I'll give you a list of fantastic products that are great for keeping the skin looking its best and preventing it from aging.
1. Lancome Creme Radiance Cleanser
2. Boscia Detoxifying Cleanser
3. Korres Yogurt Cream Cleanser ( Fantastic)
4. Dr. Perricone Hypoallergenic Cleanser
5. Clinique Mild Liquid Facial Soap
6. Dr. Weil For Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Cleanser
7. Purpose Gel Cleanser ( Drugstore)
8. Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Bar ( Drugstore)
1. Clinique Turnaround Radiance Moisturizer
2. Korres Yogurt Cream
3. Edward Bess Black Sea Cream
4. Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream Fragrance-Free ( Drugstore)
5. Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream
1. Roc Retinol Multi Correxion Skin Renewing Serum ( Drugstore)
2. Josie Maran Argan Oil
3. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum
4. Sunday Riley Lipid Serum
1. Lush The Sacred Truth Face Mask ( Lush stores)
2. Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask ( Drugstore)
Exfoliator: Origins Microdermabrasion Scrub.
An easy tip is try to start using a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on the skin. It's cheaper than a lot of things I mentioned, but its loaded with antioxidants and its a simple way to protect your skin from aging. My grandma did it and she always looked younger than her actual age. Just don't go too bananas with the creams, we are young just live life enjoy it and make smart choices.. you wil be happy you did when you get older.
It's good to be aware of your skin's health! It's never too early to start a skincare routine. For you specifically, I wouldn't recommend age-reversing skincare products since your skin is still in optimal health. Most of these products contain ingredients that might irritate your skin. Keep it basic, and with these products you will be on the perfect track to maintaining beautiful skin for years to come.
1. Cleanse- Bare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser will deeply cleanse your face and remove all signs of dirt, oil and residue without stripping your skin. Use AM and PM.
2. Exfoliate- To keep skin even, smooth and glowing exfoliate with a scrub twice a week. This is one product I can definitely not live withoutle Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub
3. Moisturize- Using a moisturizer day and night will keep your skin plump and moisturized. If you're a makeup wearer, your makeup will look better!! I recommend Take a Deep Breath Oil Free Moisturizer by Philosophy. This ultra-light moisturizer can be worn day and night and never feels heavy or greasy. You will love it!!
4. SPF- ALWAYS protect your skin with sunscreen. This will keep your skin young and prevent premature aging. My go-to product is Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen spf 40. Use in addition to, or mixed in with your moisturizer.