Answer
homebody
I have noticed the lines on my forehead and frown lines are becoming more noticable.
(0) Hearts

I have been using Arbonne anti-aging line for about 6 month but no change. i need help with product suggestions. i just want to make them less noticable. I am not ready to try Botox yet. Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
tawnysheen
Answered

Before doing anything drastic, make sure that your skin isn't just stressed by the products you are using. Many women have commented about similar issues on the Ole Hendrickson product page. His productshave been a gosend for many. Josie Maran's argan oil is also quite nice for a gentle and effective moisture quench and filler!

lylysa
Answered

If anti-aging, fine lines, wrinkles, or loss of elasticity is a concern, look into products with these three ingredients:

-Retinol, it comes in various types, vitamin A, retinyl palmitate, retinol A, etc. Anything in a "palmitate" form will normally be more mild that a straight up retinol. Retinol is one of the key combatants in anti-aging products because it does it all! It diminishes the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and even sun/age spots because it helps to shed dead skin that can emphasize these issues and increases healthy cell turnover to give newer, more regernated skin to surface. With that being said, though it sounds like a miracle product, retinol does come with precautions. As it's such a potent ingredient, retinol can make skin a bit sensitized, be sure to follow up with SPF especially if you're using it in the morning, and start off any retinol regimen with using it everything second or third night for a good week or two. See how your skin reacts to the potency of the product. As time goes and you seen your skin doesn't have any negative reactions or begins to build a tolerance, move it to using every other day until you can use it nightly. Normally retinol may cause some mild redness or dryness upon initial use, but if you notice significant effects or even painful irritation, stop use. It's best to jump into things slowly and patiently rather than full speed to avoid any misaps. Peter Thomas Roth, Roc, and Philosophy make some great retinol based products.

-Peptides/amino acids, as these are the building blocks for us, getting to infuse them back into skin help provide an instaneous result and build to longer lasting ones as well. Peptides essentially are infused into the skin and the particles "plump" or swell up in the gaps where collagen and elastin are lacking, thus making skin firmer and softening the fine lines and wrinkles from the inside out. Peptides are great because they really do start working within a minute or two of usage and put back into the skin what has either broken down over time or was lacking to start with. Studio Gear (Ulta and Macys) has a product called Revisionist that I've seen work wonders!!! What's great is that it can be used on the face and the eye area (most skin care products, especially in regards to potent anti-aging ingredients aren't made for both as the eye area is so sensitive and the potency factor can somethings irritate the delicate skin). You can tap it into smile/frown lines, crows feet, wrinkles, use it to perk up saggy lids or cheeks, lines around the lips, even the neck. I love this product!

-Humectants, these help to increase moisture levels in skin as well hydrated skin shows issues likes fine lines/wrinkles, dryness/patchiness less. Humectants not only hydrate the skin, but they bind moisture particles to the skin to hydrate over time and through the course of a day so your moisturizing properties aren't just getting soaked in and used up within the first 10 minutes of application. Ingredients like sodium hyaluronate, hyaluronic acid, and royal jelly are some types of humectants to look for. You can normally find humectants in moisturizers, but sometimes they appear in treatments or serums as well. Ole Heriksen's Truth Serum combines humectants along with vitamin C to hydrate, plump, and brighten skin by harnessing collagen building ingredients as well. Collagen particles themselves are too large to penetrate the skin's barrier so often times ingredients "with collagen" don't deliver as well as they say they do as they just sit on the surface. But vitamin C works internally to help boost collagen production in skin.

beautylovingirl
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi homebody,

I have the exact same problem but actually I use a skin care regimen from the dermatologist it's called vivite and my skin has never looked better. After a certain ager using products from the beauty counters don't have much effect on your skin, you actually need to use something that goes beyond the surface of your skin for collagen production and cell turnover. Hope this helps!:smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • homebody
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • tawnysheen