Answer
pe737
Deep wrinkles around mouth and chin
I am 57 and would like to get rid of the deep lines around my mouth and chin area. What would you recommend?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
eastakrongirl
Answered

Unfortunately you won't be able to completely get rid of deep wrinkles, but you can certainly reduce & minimize. To reduce the wrinkles you need products that aid in exfoliation & cell turnover, namely glycolic acid & retinol (respectively), but don't use both together. Try a face wash, toner or serum in the daytime with glycolic acid. I personally like the Anthony Logistics glycolic cleanser (it's technically for men, but I LOVE it). In the evening use a retinol cream or serum. I use philosophy products at night. Wash with Purity, then use the Help Me retinol cream, & top off with Hope in a Jar moisturizer.

To diffuse wrinkles try using a silicone based make-up primer. Again, I like philosophy's Supernatural primer. It has a subtle brightening effect that looks great on it's own or helps foundation last longer. Finally, I like mineral foundations as they seem to not exagerrate wrinkles by settling in the fine lines. Bare Escentuals & Laura Mercier make great mineral foundations.

prettyinpa
Answered

Other than injectable fillers, there isn't anything that will totally get rid of deep wrinkles, but you can lessen the looks of them by using the Kinerase C8 Deep Wrinkle Repair. I don't think it is available from Sephora yet, (you could call Customer Service and see if they are going to get it).  It seems to be working for me, but I have to say it is a bit pricey ($117-130, depending on where you get it from).

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

As the other posts mentioned, there is no way to get rid of deep wrinkles by using topical creams, but you can certainly improve them a lot by using good products.

I would suggest you try Peter Thomas Roth's Un-Wrinkle which is a very potent, neuropeptide-packed serum that blasts deep wrinkles and expression lines and you can find it at: 
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P141102&categoryId=B70

I would also recommend investing in the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Night which is a nighttime wrinkle-fighting moisturizer that you can find at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P196004&categoryId=B70

Both of these products have worked well for me and even though they are expensive they will last you for many months because they are concentrated and only require a small amount per application.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • eastakrongirl
    • prettyinpa
    • pe737