Answer
basiemen79
Anti-aging and Acne

I'm 33 and interested in using anti-aging products, yet I'm still fighting acne. What is the best product for me to use?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
kirra
Answered
(0) Hearts

I can relate to your issues and needs. I used retinol products when I was younger, but the past couple of years they began to make my skin very dry, particularly around where laugh lines would be and my chin.  I had switched to DDF glycolic face wash & toner, but sadly Sephora has recently stopped carrying the DDF brand.  I have recently switched to PTR glycolic toner and like it better than the DDF version.  I wash my face with a Clarisonic Mia 2 using Boscia black detoxifying cleanser and murad refreshing cleanser (i alternate between the two by using one at night & one in the morning).  NOTE: for a couple weeks the detoxifying wash may increase acne as it is purging your skin of deep dirt & oil, but this should subside to clearer skin & complexion).  Heavy salaciic cleaners make acne worse for me so I stay away from them.  However, my staple acne treatment is DDF benzoyl peroxide cream, which I will have to purchase from amazon going forward since the brand isn't with Sephora any longer.  I will also add that since using Boscia & Murad, I do not have to use the benzoil peroxide cream everyday now.  The benzoil peroxide cream is the only thing I haven't found a replacement for at Sephora.  (NOTE: I tried proactiv, it worked BUT bleached my sheets, pillow cases, clothing, towels, etc...I was NOT pleased).  The DDF benzoil peroxide cream DOES NOT bleach anything & works extremely well.  A good moisturizer that doesn't flair your acne will be important as well.  I recently switched to Dr Jart bb cream (SPF 45, PA+++) to help with aging & acne plus Algenist moisturizer.  I am in love with the Dr. Jart & Algenist products!  My coworkers actually noticed a difference in my skin after switching my products.

I wish you much success in your search and hope you find some helpful information in all the posts to your question.

Question Stats
  • 10 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • kirra
    • antoine0000
    • lylysa
    • babybear04
    • beautylovingirl
    • AlabasterLady
    • basiemen79
    • eileenskitchen