Anti-aging and Acne

I'm 33 and interested in using anti-aging products, yet I'm still fighting acne. What is the best product for me to use?

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
(0) Hearts

I can relate to your issues and needs. I used retinol products when I was younger, but the past couple of years they began to make my skin very dry, particularly around where laugh lines would be and my chin.  I had switched to DDF glycolic face wash & toner, but sadly Sephora has recently stopped carrying the DDF brand.  I have recently switched to PTR glycolic toner and like it better than the DDF version.  I wash my face with a Clarisonic Mia 2 using Boscia black detoxifying cleanser and murad refreshing cleanser (i alternate between the two by using one at night & one in the morning).  NOTE: for a couple weeks the detoxifying wash may increase acne as it is purging your skin of deep dirt & oil, but this should subside to clearer skin & complexion).  Heavy salaciic cleaners make acne worse for me so I stay away from them.  However, my staple acne treatment is DDF benzoyl peroxide cream, which I will have to purchase from amazon going forward since the brand isn't with Sephora any longer.  I will also add that since using Boscia & Murad, I do not have to use the benzoil peroxide cream everyday now.  The benzoil peroxide cream is the only thing I haven't found a replacement for at Sephora.  (NOTE: I tried proactiv, it worked BUT bleached my sheets, pillow cases, clothing, towels, etc...I was NOT pleased).  The DDF benzoil peroxide cream DOES NOT bleach anything & works extremely well.  A good moisturizer that doesn't flair your acne will be important as well.  I recently switched to Dr Jart bb cream (SPF 45, PA+++) to help with aging & acne plus Algenist moisturizer.  I am in love with the Dr. Jart & Algenist products!  My coworkers actually noticed a difference in my skin after switching my products.

I wish you much success in your search and hope you find some helpful information in all the posts to your question.

Question Stats
  • 10 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 9 in conversation