Answer
solluna
how to get rid of freckels
(0) Hearts

i would like to know how to get rid of freckels?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

Having freckles is genetic, but their formation is triggered (or exacerbated) by sun exposure. While you cannot get rid of them completely, a good way to keep more from forming or to make the ones you have less noticeable is to stay out of the sun and wear sunblock daily -- rain or shine. I would recommend an SPF of at least 30.

Sometimes freckles fade over time; I used to have a ton of them when I was younger, but they've all disappeared. I kind of miss them!

:smileyhappy:

anaa
I agree they do fade over time, if you use a sun screen and don't get more! I had a ton of them too and they have faded away.
katie1724

Yes! It's so weird -- I had never noticed until recently -- but I saw a picture of myself from grade school and thought, "OH, right, I had freckles..." but they're gone, and I never noticed when they faded. I'm 29, and I know I had them as a teen -- but I can't remember seeing any for the past decade. So bizarre! I think it must have been my religious (compulsive?) use of crazy SPF sunscreen on a daily basis...

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • anaa
    • solluna