how to get rid of blemishes

What products can i use to get rid of acne/blemishes on my face, Ive tried facial cleansers but they do not work

You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5

The best thing to do is to stick with a regimen. Even the best cleansers aren't as effective as they could be without a treatment and moisturizer. While I know that professionals and Sephora associates may recommend a regimen from the same brand, I think it's best to try a variety. I personally like products from Origins, Dermadoctor, and Murad. Again, I'm talking about acne products. I hope this helps and good luck!

I've suffered with acne for years. Everyone's skin is different, but here has been my successful combination for the past six months:

Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser with Botanical Blast

or Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser

I love both but I give a slight edge to the Detox black cleanser because my skin has great luck with glycolic acid as a clarifying ingredient.

Toner: This step is totally not necessary, but if you like a toner here is my recommendation.

I really like the Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner. It has Phytic Acid in it which is a natural exfoliator; brightens skin tone and diminishes the appearance of acne scars.

It doesn't leave your skin tight and dry.

I have to go with Kate Somerville on this one again. After years of only using the Proactiv treatment (nothing else worked), I wanted to get away from it due to the use of parabens and preservatives they use. I found the Kate Somerville Anti Bac clearing lotion which has 5% benzoyl peroxide. It doesn't leave my skin dry either.

If you tend to be oily/normal then I love the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Moisturizer.

It has Vitamin C and Licorice Root to brighten and lighten acne scars and reduce inflammation.

I would recommend stopping by Sephora and grabbing some samples to give some of these a try for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference.

Good Luck!

Boscia - Clear Complexion Cleanser with Botanical BlastBoscia - Detoxifying Black Cleanser

Kate Somerville - Clarifying Treatment TonerKate Somerville - Anti Bac Clearing LotionOle Henriksen - Sheer Transformation

I've had acne too and it's frustrating.  Definitely go to A Dermatologist bc that is who will help,the most.  I will

say that Kate Somerville EradKate is a great product to dry them up quickly .  It's pink and not pretty on ur face, but works.

(0) Hearts
The Clinique line is fantastic.
(0) Hearts

A great product that i reccomend for getting rid of blemishes is the facial mud mask glam glow!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation