Answer
babybear04
gift/anniversary ideas for male!
[ Edited ]

So, this is so off-topic I didn't even know which board to post it to, but I didn't know where else to turn!  Anyway, I need the help of your creative minds!  My boyfriends birthday is coming up as well as our two-year anniversary.  I currently don't have a job (almost done with college) but still want to do something special for him, especially after he surprised me with a Louis Vuitton for my birthday this month.  Anyone have any creative (and fairly cheap) ideas??  Here are a few things I've already done for/gotten him:

-customized m&m's

-scrapbook of our pictures

-Deck of cards with 52 things I love about him written on each

-Home-cooked dinner in lingere

-Picture of us in cute frame

-ipod (when I had money...ha)

-Hand-written letters

-A painting I made of a two puzzle pieces fitting together 

-Other various articles of clothing

So..I'm running out of ideas!  Please help a broke girl out!  I wish I could spoil him...but then again, money doesn't buy total happiness and it's the little things that count, right??

EDIT: A little bit about the boy...he loves cute, personal gifts.  Loves to eat and loves food.  Drinks occasionally, but not too much. Likes music and movies. Is a big family person. He actually has pretty good style (jeans, converse, black/white T, hoody kind of style), loves his rayban aviators, loves to travel.  Is really funny and outgoing, loves to snuggle up with a bunch of blankets and pillows...oh gosh, I don't know what else!  Has an x-box and plays video games once in a while but not a lot.  That's about all I can think of right now!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
berniebeauty
Answered

I really like the personalized gifts you thought of, like the painting or scrapbook. My favorite is the cards, because they're functional, and every time he pulls them out he'll think of you. Those would be a wonderful anniversairy gift. 

With birthday presents it can be a bit more about him. I find myself giving food to the guys in my life quite alot haha. Sports collectables are a good idea, and with that you can combine two ideas. So if he likes a team, but also likes to cook, I've seen spatulas with team logos on them, so that would fit both sectors of his theoretical personality haha. Sports teams basically brand everything, so if he likes sports you're in luck :smileyhappy:

~We are all beautiful~

lylysa
Answered

Look up the site called Think Geek! There's tons of quirky, one of a kind gifts to suit gamers, gadget-lovers, as well as comic book and sci-fi fans.

It's not super expensive stuff, and they have stuff on sale all the time, you also earn points for rewards to redeem for free products too.

lylysa
Answered
(0) Hearts

There's an Off-Topic area in the Lounge forum! :smileyhappy:

Well, without knowing what your boyfriend is into it's kind of hard to toss out ideas.

Let us know some details about him so we can come up with more well rounded suggestions!

For example, any favorite sports teams, hobbies, any special moments the two of you have shared (maybe look into recreating them), his sense of style, etc.

makeupobesessed
Answered
(0) Hearts

One anniversary I bought my husband a Tag watch, one year a nice bike and tennis racket, one year a new wedding ring, and one year just some beauty products...lotions for men and the fragrance sampler.  Pajama pants are always a nice gift...one year I did skiing accessories, like goggles and a lift tiket.  I also bought a money clip and engraved it.  I got him some sports sweatshirts and hats...also, I bought some winter accessories, like a UnderArmour hat and gloves, and a coat for snow.  Some cold gear items, we live in Baltimore where snow will hit us every few years...Hope this helps...even if you dont chose these exactly, maybe it inspires other gift ideas.  

prettyinpa
Answered
(0) Hearts
If he likes to hike or picnic, you could plan a surprise outing. Pack a nice lunch or his backpack if you go on a hike, then bundle him in the car and don't tell him where you are going. Pick a pretty place, romantic place or someplace that's significant to you, like where you first met. You can give him a card that you made for him and then enjoy a sweet afternoon. If you live someplace that's experiencing fall now, you could knit him a scarf and give him that on your walk. (Or mittens, don't know if you are a good knitter or not, scarf is easy).

Or take him to see his favorite team play if it's not too expensive.
lylysa
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You can always make him a shirt that has the Xbox Achievement Unlocked box and add your own phrase to it! Get a shirt, iron on transfer paper (at craft stores, they even have types for transferring on dark shirts), and have at it!

You can make it say something like "Xbox Achievement Unlocked: Getting older, getting wiser" or "Got the girl and still gets to game!", something cute that ties in your relationship/birthday/hobby.

Guys are tricky, though the ideas of a sentimental gift like a photo, scrapbook, personalized set of cards is very romantic and thoughtful, a guy might not always know what to do or how to react to a gift like that, and it may come across as him not being fully appreciative. Guys like functional gifts, so things that he can use, actually wear, incorporate into his daily routine is great.

For example, last Christmas, I got my boyfriend a Boba Fett hoodie, it's his fave character from Star Wars, and rather than opt for a stuffed plush or collector's action figure (which though it would be cool, would just sit there), the hoodie is something he can wear out, express his love for SW and Boba, and keep warm!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • berniebeauty
    • lylysa
    • makeupobesessed
    • babybear04