Answer
kirstiboo
Self-tanner for dark complexion?

I have some bruises on my legs I'd like to cover/blend/camouflage when I wear skirts.  I'm curious to know if any darker complected ladies out there have used a self tanner for that.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
tenngal
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Darkening your skin tone with a self-tanner should help to camouflage bruising to a certain degree, but not entirely.  I do think it will help though.  My favorite self-tanner is Fusion Beauty's GlowFusion Micro-Nutrient Face & Body Natural Protein Tan.  It is the only self-tanner that I've ever used that has absolutely NO smell.  It's also wonderful because it doesn't streak, it dries immediately and it won't stain your clothes.  It lasts up to two weeks without fading, has been dermatologist tested, is non-comedogenic (so it won't clog pores) and it's suitable for all skin types.  You can find out more about it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P151200&categoryId=B70

If you want to actually cover up and camouflage the brusing entirely, then I would recommend using a body makeup.  Per-fekt Body Perfection Gel is an alternative to traditional bronzers and self tanners.  It is a multi-functional "skin perfector" for the body, body treatment, and sun-kissed glow in one.  The modern formulation of Body Perfection Gel glides on easily to instantly perfect and enhance the appearance of the legs, arms, décolleté, or anywhere your body needs transfer/water-resistant perfection.  This is the first body formulation to contain Hyaluronic Microspheres that hydrate the skin and help firm, tone, and improve the skin's elasticity and suppleness. Skin tones are softened to reveal an even and smooth complexion. The formula is fast drying, non streaking, and paraben-free.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P187415&categoryId=B70

Another less expensive option which I have used before and it works well is Sally Hansen's Air Stockings Spray which is like spraying on pantyhose for an all-over even look on your legs.  It comes in different shades and you can purchase it at Ulta and most anywhere that Sally Hansen products are sold.  It looks like this:

I hope this helps you.  :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kirstiboo