Accepted Solution
Red and White bumps.

I have these white and red bumps on my arms. I dont really know if they are zits or what they are from, but I have had them for years. I would like to go to a dermatologist, But they are super expensive. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any strong body scrubs or cream solutions.

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
(0) Hearts

@Sls35, That definitely sounds like keratosis pilaris, which is a disorder in which the openings of the hair folicles become plugged with skin tissue called keratin. I have experience battling keratosis pilaris myself, and this is what worked for me:

- Use a body scrub that contains glycolic & lactic acids like Kate Sommervilles Exfolikate Body is really good or DERMAdoctor’s KP Duty Body Scrub. Salicylic acid & benzol peroxide can also help, so also look at Peter Thomas Roth's Blemish Buffing Beads Body Wash and DDFs Pumice Acne Scrub. A great exfoliating tool is the Clarisonic Plus, which comes with a special brush for the body.

- Use lotion every day. DERMAdoctor's KP Duty lotion is specifically for treating keratosis pilaris (and it worked for me), but even a gentle moisturizer, like First Aid Beauty's Body Moisturizer, can help if used consistently.

Hope that helps!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation