Answer
sls35
Accepted Solution
Red and White bumps.

I have these white and red bumps on my arms. I dont really know if they are zits or what they are from, but I have had them for years. I would like to go to a dermatologist, But they are super expensive. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any strong body scrubs or cream solutions.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
oliviabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

@Sls35, That definitely sounds like keratosis pilaris, which is a disorder in which the openings of the hair folicles become plugged with skin tissue called keratin. I have experience battling keratosis pilaris myself, and this is what worked for me:

- Use a body scrub that contains glycolic & lactic acids like Kate Sommervilles Exfolikate Body is really good or DERMAdoctor’s KP Duty Body Scrub. Salicylic acid & benzol peroxide can also help, so also look at Peter Thomas Roth's Blemish Buffing Beads Body Wash and DDFs Pumice Acne Scrub. A great exfoliating tool is the Clarisonic Plus, which comes with a special brush for the body.

- Use lotion every day. DERMAdoctor's KP Duty lotion is specifically for treating keratosis pilaris (and it worked for me), but even a gentle moisturizer, like First Aid Beauty's Body Moisturizer, can help if used consistently.

Hope that helps!

XO,
Olivia
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • sls35
    • bekahbabz
    • laserrell
    • helpful