Answer
mizmeg
Purging or just breaking out?
(0) Hearts

I started a new face wash almost two weeks ago and I have had a couple small pimples pop up, but I have also had at least three under the skin pimples that feel hard and are slightly painful to the touch.  I have had these before but I would usually just get one every once in a while.  I thinking that this isnt purging just a bad breakout.  What do you all think?  Should I stick it out a a couple more weeks?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
cherrybombtastic
Answered
(0) Hearts

Whether I had surface acne or cystic acne, I used to treat them all and the same, but I started reading up on different acne cleansers and their effects on different acne, and I started using Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' AHA/BHA Cleanser. This is one of the few cleansers that won't dry out my skin and helps with the acne underneath your skin. I would check out reviews on that and grab a sample to see for yourself. However, if you've only been using your face wash for 2 weeks, you should give it another 2 weeks before finding another solution. I hope this helps and good luck!

JamieDawn
Answered
(0) Hearts

My mother has this problem. It think it is cystic acne. It has to be treated differently than normal acne. You may want to see a dermatologist. I know those breakouts can be painful, but it is important to remember that picking only makes it worse, and will scar your beautiful face. I always allow a product an entire month to purge, unless it is just obviously giving me an allergic reaction (which does happen). Look at the overall condition of your skin. Is it red and irritated? If so, stop using this product and get help on something more natural. I suggest Murad. Check it out. I'm actually starting a blog about my woes with skin care. I hope my reply helps and feel free to contact me with skin question. I'll do my best to answer and give suggestions! :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • mizmeg
    • JamieDawn