Answer
Quinnette
Oily/Acne-prone skin and large pores. Please help! Thank you!
(0) Hearts

I have very oily/acne-prone skin with large pores around the T-zone. I have been using Proactiv for 2 years. It did a good job clearing my skin at first but now I have break-outs more often, and my pores are getting larger. I am considering switching to other products. I have also tried Clinique but it did not work out for me. What product should I use? Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
lylysa
Answered

Boscia's black line has a wonderful kit put together to target oily and problematic skin. This kit is wonderful for oily skin (even skin that experiences acne or break outs) and large pores and uses charcoal and artichoke extract to draw out excess oil and impurities and improve the overall strength and condition of pores through botanical and gentle means without over drying skin.

swfupload_8113516690221176099.jpg

The gel cleanser breaks down oil and dirt easily, the mask targets impurities trapped deep within pores (great for blackheads) and helps to promote evening skin tone from acne marks, the t-zone treatment helps to minimize the appearance of pores and help skin look smooth and control oil, and the moisturizing gel keeps skin balanced with healthy hydration without being heavy or tacky on skin.

Dr. Brandt's Pores No More kit helps to target troubled oily/combination skin and pores. The line relies on salicylic acid (a beta hydroxy acid that helps break down excess dead skin at the surface while also targetting pores for a deep cleanse and purification), tea tree oil (a natural anti-bacterial agent that helps to gently treat blemishes), willowbark (a natural form of salicylic acid meant to help balance skin and oil), and microspheres and silione to smooth over the look of pores and skin.

swfupload_6689666872470456130.jpg

How many break outs do you experience in a month now? The kits/brands suggested help target and treat excess oil and pores, both which when troubled can lead to more/frequent break outs, the reason why I suggested them is that rather than choose a line or products solely dedicated to acne, if you're not experiencing full fledged acne you don't want to overwhelm skin. The above products will balance your skin out so break outs aren't as frequent as opposed to just dosing skin with acne medications/ingredients.

pinkonyx
Answered
(0) Hearts

Boscia products will never fail you! the clear complexion line or black line.

Giannina24
Answered
(0) Hearts

I consider my skin combination, with a higher tendency towards oiliness, plus really large pores, quite a few blackheads, and a break-out probably once a month or every two months. The Boscia cleanser works pretty good for me, and I supplement twice a week with a Glamglow mask, and 1 professionally done facial every 6 months. But yet, I still have to find the "perfect mask", one that gets rid of absolutely all my blackheads.  Once I finish my boscia cleanser, I am looking forward to purchase the Murad large pore line (not too sure about the exact name, but it's white with pink letters).  Good luck!

cherrybombtastic
Answered
(0) Hearts

I've literally tried the products you mentioned. I would try Murad next or Philosophy's acne kit. In my opinion, your skin goes through changes throughout the years, so these products may work for a year or two before your skin rejects them. While I had success with Murad and Philosophy, I don't use the same cleanser or treatment from the same brand anymore. Over the years, I just learned to curate a routine with different brands that work for me even if it doesn't yield perfect skin. I hope this helps and good luck!

SnowKa
Answered
(0) Hearts

Have you tried DermaDoctor cleanser (Aint Misbehavin), it did a good job clearing up my acne/blemishes. I have similar skin (oily/acne-prone w/ large pores) with high sensitivity though; I too tried Clinique, but it didn't works as well as I wanted it to, Murad cleanser didn't work either.
I use DermaDoctor cleanser and Clinique Acne toner together, and have been acne-free for over half a year now since I started using these two together.
Hope this helps.

mirandajaramill
Answered
(0) Hearts

I had the same problem and tried the same products WTO no avail, however a Sephora sales associate recommended the Murad acne line to me and I've been using it for about 6 months now and my skin looks amazing! It's a bit more pricey than proactiv but totally worth it! Plus if you buy it at Sephora you get points for your card :smileyhappy: Hope this helped and good luck!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • lylysa
    • mirandajaramill
    • SnowKa
    • pinkonyx
    • Giannina24
    • Quinnette
Photos2