Answer
laosjo
Kate Somerville or Clarins for aging skin/with breakouts due to hormone changes?

I am 47 with my hormones staring to change due to pre menopause. i do have some breakouts.  which line would you suggest?  My skin is normal to dry.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tenngal
Answered

Hi, laosjo!  I would choose Clarins products because they have some non-comedogenic products which will not clog your pores and, therefore, will not cause you to break out.  I'd keep your skincare routine simple by using a cleanser and good anti-aging moisturizers.  Below are a some good products that you may want to consider:

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser is a mild facial cleanser that eliminates impurities and excess oil from your skin without causing irritation. Formulated with coconut and fatty acids to protect skin balance and radiance, this lightweight, refreshing lather rinses away easily with cool water and protects your skin from the drying effects of hard water.  This dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic formula is as gentle as cleansing milk and as purifying as soap.  It brings out the best and the brightest in all types of complexions and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P228101&categoryId=B70

For daytime moisturization and to double as a makeup primer, I would try Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.  It is a balm that instantly moisturizes, brightens, and tightens facial contours so your skin looks rested and relaxed.  It's the ultimate pick-me-up for tired, stressed skin.  This radiance-making product helps eliminate signs of fatigue and it's a great 10-minute "energy" mask, plus its non-oily formula prepares your skin for perfect makeup application and hours of wear.  Formulated with olive extract, this ingredient helps to smooth the skin's surface, diffusing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.  Bisabolol soothes, softens, and helps restore skin's youthful glow.  Clarins' most popular radiance booster, this product is sold once every 20 minutes worldwide.  It is allergy-tested and non-comedogenic so it won't cause breakouts and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P95044&categoryId=B70

Finally, for nighttime use I'd recommend trying Clarins Super Restorative Night Wear.  It is a high performance nighttime treatment for mature and/or dry skin.  This intensive, anti-aging treatment is specially formulated for those facing natural hormonal fluctuations.  Apply this lightweight treatment in the evening to help stimulate the synthesis of collagen, recharging skin for a firmer, more luminous appearance. Acacia-derived micropearls help fill in lines for a more radiant complexion.  This soft pink treatment is allergy tested and non-comedogenic so it won't clog your pores or cause breakouts.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P95039&categoryId=B70

The three products I listed above should be a simple enough, yet very effective skincare routine that'll make a big difference in the way your skin looks and feels.  You should be able to tell a big difference after 6 to 8 weeks of use.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

laosjo
(0) Hearts
Thanks for your help girls
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • mbjunkie
    • laosjo