Answer
mammamaya
I need a moisturizer with an spf for red sensitive aging skin
(0) Hearts

I have dry, tight, aging skin.  Unfortunately it is red with broken capillaries on my cheeks.  I also live in Florida so I'm desperate for a good spf.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
lauren525
Answered

I know where you are coming from..I have dry skin that I have to take good care of and moisturize.

I have three amazing moisturizers that I have been using for a long time. 

1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I like to use this underneath my makeup.

2. Khiel's Ultra Moisturizing Facial Cream. THis is my all time favorite lotion! It makes my skin superrrrr soft and moisturized.

3. Aveeno Ultra Calming Dailing Moisturizer SPF 15. It reduces any redness and and is very nice and smooth on my skin. 

Some other tips:

-Make an at home facial lotion using 1 tbs natural honey, 1 tbs natural yogurt, and 1 tps extra virgin olive oil. Heat up the oil and the honey in the microwave for a few seconds, until it gets a little runny and mix it well. After it has cooled a little, mix in the yogurt and smoothe it over your face. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes. Rinse it off of your face and use a facial moistuzier. I like to use this method once or twice a week, occasionally 3 if my face if very dry.

- By using a tinted moistuizer or a liquid foundation, you are letting the liquid soak into your face throughout the day, which will promote hyrdration.

-The Korres Wild Rose Mask is a really good face mask that I like to use to brighten my face and moisturize

-My favorite moistuizing face mask is the Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

-You can try using an exfoliante. i use the St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub (can be purchased at Walgreens) which suprisingly helps revitalize and moisturize my skin. 

I hope that this helps!

xoxo,

Lauren

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi!

I would try Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base -- it has a soothing, corrective green formula, so it provides a great base for your makeup: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P201441&categoryId=B70. However, it only has SPF 15 -- which is especially low for Florida. (I never wear anything below 50 on my face, but that's just me.) That said, it might be best to use a redness soothing product like this one as well as a sunscreen for sensitive skin with a higher SPF, such as one from Neutrogena or La Roche-Posay. With that in mind, you could also look at Clinique's Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P201440&categoryId=B70, which is heavier duty -- and might be better for you because it's more hydrating for your dry skin.

There is Murad Redness Therapy Correcting Moisturizer, but it, too, has only SPF 15: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P72003&categoryId=B70.

I hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lauren525
    • mammamaya