Answer
solveig
How to get rid of sunburns?

Okay, so here is a story of my stupidity. I went out to the beach last weekend, and like a good girl I was using sunscreen SPF70, and I've reapplied it a couple of times. Apparently, I reapplied it unevenly, so I got several severe sunburns on my face and body. Now, when the redness is slowly going away, where my skin used to be pale it is now 4-6 shades darker. Of course, those patches are in all the wrong places too (my shoulder, upper chest, etc.). So my question is, are there any products or treatments that can help gradually lighten my skin to its' normal color?

Another "idea" I've got is to start using tanning beds, but honestly I am not very excited about that.

The same thing had happened to me before, and without any special attention it took about two years for those lines to disappear, so waiting until it rubs off is hardly an option.

Any advice on how to get my skin to be a single color would be greatly appreciated.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Solveig-

I agree aloe is amazing for sun burns. It feels cooling on irritated skin and helps heal dryness.

cooling mist.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/continuous-mist-hydrating-aloe-P310414?skuId=1429554

<3 Melissa
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • solveig
    • babybear04
    • jinxski