Answer
sammilanay
How to get rid of sun spots and freckles ?
(0) Hearts

I have sun spots, freckles, and overall a horrible uneven skin tone. I need help finding something that's going to lighten my freckles and improve my skin tone! I've already tried the Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector and that  barely worked!

HELP!

Much love!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
tenngal
Answered

I can give you a list of products that will work on dark spots, such as hyperpigmentation, but the dark spot correctors will not work on freckles as they will on hyperpigmentation and scarring.  The Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector is a good product for lightening hyperpigmentation, but I wouldn't expect it to work on freckles because they are different.  You probably already know that freckles are small spots of melanin that usually show up on fair complexions, though they can also appear on darker skin tones as well.  Although having freckles is a genetic trait, sun exposure can cause the spots to darken or multiply.  If you have freckles, wearing a sunscreen every day is imperative, because people with freckles are more susceptible to the sun's rays.  Additionally, if you aren't crazy about your freckles, a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 will help them from multiplying.

I don't know if you wear a sunscreen daily under your makeup, but it will definitely help to keep your freckles from multiplying and from becoming darker.  A great one with a high SPF is Kate Somerville Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen which is a quick-absorbing, oil free formula that delivers powerful UV protection with its SPF 55.  It is a mild, water-resistant sunscreen that includes broad-spectrum, UVA/UVB sun protection without any white residue, greasiness or stickiness. This complexion care essential offers a rich dose of antioxidants for further protection against damage and premature aging.  This sunscreen is paraben-free and is ideal for daily use for all skin types, including oily and problematic skin.  You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P238608&categoryId=B70

A less expensive, yet still very effective sunscreen with a high SPF is Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50.  It is 100% naturally sourced, plus it’s waterproof and sweat-proof and has the consistency of water so it absorbs very quickly and leaves no greasy residue.  It gives you an even, non-shiny finish and works so great under my makeup that I can't tell that I'm even wearing a sunscreen.  It is perfect for sensitive skin because it is PABA-free, fragrance-free, dye-free, oil-free and is free of irritating chemical ingredients.  It is also hypoallergenic.  Sephora doesn't carry it, but you can purchase it anywhere that Neutrogena products are sold (Ulta, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.).

Now I'm going to give you some information on some of the skin tone evening and spot / scar lightening products that Sephora carries.  Since you've already tried the Clinique Dark Spot Corrector, I'll leave that one out.  I’ll list several since they vary in brands and prices.

If you prefer all natural products, an organic product to fade dark spots and scars is Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum which is a highly concentrated oil-free serum that improves the appearance of dark spots and promotes even skin tone.  Perfect for all skin types, it offers remarkable results, helping to correct dark spots, acne marks and scars.  Naturally powerful ingredients work to counter stretch marks, scars, and damage while bolstering collagen and elastin to boost your skin’s radiance, as well.  You can read more about it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P94421&categoryId=B70

Murad Age Spot & Pigment Lightening Gel is a scientifically-proven formula that lightens unwanted discolorations.  It improves your skin's clarity with powerful skin lightening ingredients and by exfoliating damaged cells.  It doesn't work overnight, so you have to be patient and give it a few weeks before you start seeing amazing results--it really does work.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P4009&categoryId=B70

If you'd like to even your skin tone using makeup, I can suggest a great way to disguise uneven skin tone and freckles and to give you a more even skin texture.  I would try Shiseido's The Makeup Brightening Veil SPF 24 which is a colorless-finish foundation that minimizes the appearance of spots, freckles and dullness, for an even-toned, radiant complexion. This product camouflages spots and freckles with "Advanced Luminous Technology".  It glides on with a soft, dewy feel and contains "Multi-Nutrient Factor," which is an advanced moisturizer and energizer.  It can be used under foundation or can be worn alone.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P173703&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • sammilanay