Answer
loverofmu
Hi, I'm looking for a facial sunblock that can be worn under foundation. And for sensitive skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
cherrybombtastic
Answered

I don't know what sunblock you used before, but I like Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream SPF 15. I have acne-prone skin and that has always worked for me. A good tip is if you have sensitive skin is to also use baby sunblock/sunscreen because those tend to have the least harmful ingredients. I hope this helps and good luck!

xoxcharlottexox
Answered
(0) Hearts

Peter Thomas Roth Ultra Lite Oil-Free Sunblock works well, because it's lightweight enough to wear underneath makeup, yet provides SPF 30.

I also like Neutrogena's Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock. It's lightweight, dries quickly, and provides SPF 50 which is really good for everyday protection.

Hope this helps!!

xoxo, Charlotte

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

There are two facial sunblocks that work great on my sensitive and acne-prone skin and also absorb so completely that you can't even tell that I'm wearing them underneath my makeup.  They are on very different ends of the price range scale and since I don't know what your budget is, I am going to tell you about both of them.

First of all, one of the best sunscreens for sensitive skin sold at Sephora (in my opinion) is Kate Somerville Protect SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen which is a quick-absorbing, oil free formula that delivers powerful UV protection with its SPF 55.  It is a mild, water-resistant sunscreen that includes broad-spectrum, UVA/UVB sun protection without any white residue, greasiness or stickiness. This complexion care essential offers a rich dose of antioxidants for further protection against damage and premature aging.  This sunscreen is paraben-free and is ideal for daily use for all skin types, including oily and problematic skin.  You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P238608&categoryId=B70

Next is a wonderful, inexpensive (under $15) sunscreen that Sephora does not carry, but is easy to find.  It works perfectly under makeup and is great for sensitive skin and is called Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50.  It is 100% naturally sourced, plus it’s waterproof and sweat-proof and has the consistency of water so it absorbs very quickly and leaves no greasy residue.  It gives you an even, non-shiny finish and works so great under my makeup that I can't tell that I'm even wearing a sunscreen.  It is perfect for sensitive skin because it is PABA-free, fragrance-free, dye-free, oil-free and is free of irritating chemical ingredients.  It is also hypoallergenic.  You can purchase it anywhere that Neutrogena products are sold (Ulta, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.).

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

oliviabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi loverofmu. My favorite is Josie Maran's Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused SPF 40+. I apply it every morning to my face and décolleté before foundation and am very happy with the results. It aborbs beautifully, never greasy. I love that it's also formulated with skin nourishing Argan Oil and antioxidants to boost damage protection. My skin loves it!

Josie Maran protect spf 40.JPG

XO,
Olivia
prudenceangst
Answered
(0) Hearts

neutrogena is always good, but before buying make sure that the bottle or packaging says UVA/UVB protection otherwise the product isn't giving you protection.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • tenngal
    • cherrybombtastic
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • loverofmu
    • prudenceangst
Photos1
  • Josie Maran protect spf 40.JPG