Answer
mfhrider
Clogged pores from a dirty job

I work in a barn (horses) so my face gets REALLY dirty during the day. I am looking for something, anything, to help really clean out my pores and control the constant whiteheads. I use the Mario Badescu cleansers and Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging exfoliator and like both. The whiteheads occur everywhere, nose, forehead, chin, temples. My skin tends to be dry but I have large pores from all the dirt. I admit that I'm not the most diligent about skin care regimens so I would love something simple if possible.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
BK2006
Answered

I used to work with horses and had the same problem.  Like everyone else has said, you need to exfoliate, but it can be tough to do it every day.  I would go ahead and also suggest that you make a paste of baking soda and water.  Put it on your face for about five minutes, before or after cleasning. Play with the number of nights per week you use it and when, but I will swear that this is the only thing that clears out my pores. I use the Olay brush twice a day (it is cheaper than the Clairsonic and does a decent job) when I cleanse since regular exfoliants tend to be a little rough on my skin.  Hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • ChicDabbler
    • oopz
    • marshiemallow
    • BK2006
    • mfhrider