Answer
notyingyang
Best product for acne scars?

Hi all!  I've been browsing the forum and found many suggestions for acne scar treatments.  So I was wondering what the best product is for acne scars?  I don't want a spot treatment or a peel, but an overall face serum/treatment.  But I don't want a face lightening product (I don't want to lighten my whole face/complexion). 

Also, can I use these acne scar treatments in conjunction with another serum (such as an anti-aging serum)?  Thanks ahead of time for your advice/suggestions/answers!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 10
tenngal
Answered

Here are some products that work on acne scarring:

One product that you may want to consider using to not just mask the scars, but to lighten them is Clinique Acne Solutions Post Blemish Formula.  It is an oil-free product designed for all skin types that fades the look of marks left by pimples and minimizes the look of acne discoloration over time.  You can read more about it here:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188310&categoryId=B70

Secondly, an excellent product to help eliminate scars (and not just mask them) is Kinerase Scar Healing Therapy which is a transparent gel treatment designed to reduce the appearance, discoloration, roughness and discomfort of both old and new scars.  Unfortunately, Sephora has quit carrying the Kinerase brand, even though it is a top quality brand that is sold in a lot of dermatologist offices throughout the country.  However, you can do an online search and find a store that sells it near you or to order from.  One store that I know carries the brand is Ulta.

Next, a great organic product to fade your scars is Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum which is a highly concentrated oil-free serum that improves the appearance of dark spots and promotes even skin tone.  Perfect for all skin types, it offers remarkable results, helping to correct dark spots, acne marks and scars.  Naturally powerful ingredients work to counter stretch marks, scars, and damage while bolstering collagen and elastin to boost your skin’s radiance, as well.  You can read more about it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P94421&categoryId=B70

And finally there is Murad Age Spot & Pigment Lightening Gel which is a scientifically-proven formula that lightens unwanted discolorations.  It improves your skin's clarity with powerful skin lightening ingredients and by exfoliating damaged cells.  It doesn't work overnight, so you have to be patient and give it a few weeks before you start seeing amazing results--it really does work.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P4009&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

artemisgem
Answered

I have an dark spot on my cheek from an old acne scar and I've used lots of products trying to get rid of it. I would recommend 2 very effective products. First, Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.  You only apply it to the spots where you have acne scars, not your whole face. It's very effective in fading the apperance of old acne scars. Another product that is very effective and much cheaper is one you can buy at the drugstore: ROC Multicorrexion Tone Perfecting Treatment. Just apply one of these to the problem spots everyday until the bottle runs out, and I'm sure you'll be able to fade your acne scars as I did mine. And yes, you certainly can use these products along with other products like anti-aging serums. I hope all this helps you! Good luck! :smileyhappy:

sexyangel
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Acne scar removal is a complex topic.Deep facial acne scarring may not be relieved entirely, however, their appearance can
be greatly improved.
If you only see a red or hyperpigmented mark on the skin,this is not a scar; simply the skin goes through its remodeling process, which takes approximately 6-12 months.
Only if the color change or skin defect is still present after 1 year
you have a real scar.
The different types of real acne scars are:
-Icepick: Looks like an ice pick has been pressed into the skin.
-Boxcar: Looks somewhat like a chicken pox scar with more rounded edges.
-Rolling: Looks like a smooth indentation in the skin. Rolling scars are so-called because of the appearance they give to the overlying skin.
If your acne scar is not severe,(mild to moderate) you can improve your skin condition with many over the counter products. Check out below to learn more.

AvrilMcC
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I can confirm that Kinerase Scar Healing Therapy For Face & Body is a great product. I have been using this product myself. Over time your scars will lighten up. It really works

Hope this helps.

Avril

Sunflower2014
Answered
(0) Hearts

It's hard to find a product to use all over your face and for it to target scars because they have to be lightened in order for them to blend into the rest of your skin. I used many products over the years and the ones I consistenly go back to are pigementation fader at phskincare.com and also sweet almond oil

Luluskinguru183
Answered
(0) Hearts

Good question. Adult acne is such a pain, especially when it comes to acne scars. I had no acne in my teens, then a bunch of it in my 20s, and now I have scars. If anybody else has this problem, I found this article super helpful. Check it out: http://theclearskinproject.com/acne-article/remedies-for-acne-scars/

shelin
Answered
(0) Hearts

Generally , it requires certain vitamins and minerals to look for while searching a product or treatment for scars.Go for products that contain Dual Vitamin C Complex, Dimethicone Silicone Gel and ProBiosyn-4 Scar Treatment Complex (aloe vera, linoleic acid, oleic acid, licorice extract)... I myself had scars so i'm very well aware of all this since i've done tremendous researches via surfing and consulting doctors.The best derma in town here recommended inviCible scars to me that has recently striked the world wide web. Since I’ve tried so many different products out of which none showed and effectiveness , I was really scared whether to use this product or not. I bought it hoping that it works out for me and yes it really did !! Go for it if you like … it flattened my scars within a month

purecntry12
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have acne scars as well as acne-prone skin. What has been suggested to me by a local Sephora store rep (and I went back for more) is Philosophy's Clear Days Ahead. It's an oil-free salcylic acid acne treatment. I get the starter/sample kit. Lasts me for WEEKS!  Does it work? YES!! My skin has NEVER looked THIS good! I can't even see the scarring anymore. It does take time, and proper use of this product, to see acne scars go bye bye. Hope this helps!!  :-)

sandzy021
Answered
(0) Hearts

It gets really difficult to find the right product. I've been recommended hypoallergenic treatments only, because i have overly sensitive skin. But i think internal treatment is equally important. If we take care of our diet, it'd really help us to fight skin problems from inside as well.

michmo
Answered
(0) Hearts

First Aid Beauty - Facial Radiance SerumA while back I used a skin oil that ended up causing big problems for my skin--breakouts, redness etc.  From all the havoc that was created I had spots on my complexion from acne that had gone away (maybe not true scars like someone below pointed out, but none the less darker spots that looked bad).  

I added First Aid Beauty's Radiance Serum to my daily routine--not because I thought it would fix my issue but because I wanted to add a serum to my face care since I had never used one before.  Much to my surprise this serum smoothed my skin texture, took away the discoloration, has helped soothe any acne that occurs for me (usually around my jawline), and really just helped my face glow.  

It's not a product that makes a ton of promises, but for me it did way more than I was asking of it and I am so glad that I bought it.  

http://www.sephora.com/facial-radiance-serum-P379498?skuId=1528124

Question Stats
  • 10 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • notyingyang
    • artemisgem
    • shelin
    • purecntry12
    • AvrilMcC
    • sexyangel