valeriejane

what is the best thing to put on your skin after micro needling?

I just bought a micro needle roller and I'm not sure what to put on it after I'm done. Since the skin absorbs 80% after I don't want anything that will dry it out. Nor do I want a cream that will cause me to break out. Help!

Urbie

Re: what is the best thing to put on your skin after micro needling?

(0) Hearts

I saw these for sale on Gilt, and it made me physically recoil!  I don't have a thing about needles, and get acupuncture every week, but this seems like a really good way to get an infection!!  How do you sanitize it?

bratknits

Not something I'd be using unless we installed an autoclave in the house.  If it actually punctures the skin with even teeney tiny holes, sanitize isn't going to cut it between uses.  We're all covered it staph all the time, making a gazillion micro holes in my skin doesn't seem like a good idea.

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Yep, I'm convinced! Eep.

daisies121

I agree that a serum would be best.  I've seen these before but never knew anyone who tried it.  I'd be willing to give it a shot if you see good results.

sourpanda

That reminds me of acupuncture...

Nicrohr

Yeah I am dying to know what this feels like and if there are risks... sorry to hijack your question thread... :smileyvery-happy:

Before and after -- all I can think is SANITIZE EVERYTHING and don't put on anything irritating or new or that could be contaminated (i.e. from a jar).

Otherwise, if it was me I'd do this before bed, after thorough cleansing, and before doing my regular night time routine (serum, moisturizer, etc.).

I'd say (as it always is really) that it's a good time to review the ingredient of your favorite skincare items to make sure they are things you are OK with absorbing into your skin.

I mean really we should think of that all the time, as my understanding is you're really always absorbing the things you put on your skin (that's why nicotine patches and BC patches work, etc. etc.).

nikki

Needles terrify me, so this would be like pure torture. I don't care if I looked like Heidi Klum afterwards, I couldn't do it.

quotidianus

I actually just got one of those and tested it out on my hands first.  Figured that was a little less daunting.  Followed up with Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster ... figured it was complementary,  and I do like the way it feels.

mn.jpg

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

Does it hurt?

quotidianus

It doesn't hurt, but that's me.  I have sensitive skin and a high pain tolerance.  When I was done, it just felt like someone slapped the backs of my hands and was red for about an hour.  Will be trying on my face this weekend ... have a cooling mask ready for when I'm done!

Nicrohr

[ Edited ]

Cooling mask good idea!

Ok I'm dying to know if you see results.  Or infections? lol

I've used Wartenberg wheels (which you can google) for sensory... uh, play... and those don't hurt either (unless you do it reallly really hard).

Just tickles/tingles, actually it's quite pleasant.  Like the tingles I get if someone plays with my hair.

If these needly thingies are like the Wartenberg, now I want one...

ShinyMagpie

Ooh please post after you've used it on your face. I want to hear all about it. 

leolion

(0) Hearts

This looks scary...painful. 

quotidianus

Yep, definitely looks like a torture device, more than a little off-putting.  Have read about and seen good before/after results online so I'll try it out for a while to see if it's worth the aggravation.

meecheroo

(0) Hearts

Is that like the derma roller? I bought that once and I was too scared to use it to its full extent so I ended up throwing it away lol I would say just to be safe use a gentle moisturizer like Complex 15. I used it when I was on accutane and it didn't break me out.

leolion

(0) Hearts

What??!! What is that??  I've never heard of Micro Needling.  Is it like an aerator for your face?  Are you serious?  I'm interested, but does it hurt and are there great benefits?  Are there risks? 

lylysa

Honestly it would depend on your skin type.

Since we don't know any further specifics toward your skin type and its condition aside from undergoing the micro needling treatment, we do not have enough knowledge to go off of to recommend products.

We'd love to hear what you're currently using as well as skin type, concerns, and any sensitivities or allergies so we can best narrow down some suggestions! :smileyhappy:

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

Probably a serum if you have one that you like. 

kakari

(0) Hearts

Definitely a serum.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 28 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • lylysa
    • Urbie