tweet409

wanting the best facial regimine. looking at Korres, Origins, REN, Boscia

(0) Hearts

I never really had a problem with breaking out until now and I am 20. I find it rather annoying considering what I used to use for months is no longer working. I swear my skin gets used to something and then shuts down. I tried the Murad 30 day kit and I am on my 4th day. I know that's not long at all but I cant take it anymore. My skin is red/blotchy and itchy in some areas(along my jaw line and around my nose). I cant just keep using it. It is helping with my blemishes though! that is the only thing. I do use the GlamGlow mask, love that. I am looking into Korres, Origins, REN, and Boscia and I am wanting to know what other peoples opinions are on their products! HELP!

Corrina777

Re: wanting the best facial regimine. looking at Korres, Origins, REN, Boscia

(0) Hearts

I started using Boscia after having problems with both Murad and Dr Brandt. It calmed my skin down and for the first time in my life people keep comimenting me on my skin. 

Winter

The exact same thing happened to my husband. Exactly the same with the same products! 

This is what worked for him- it might help you.

Don't give up! Which of the products do you use? And how many times daily?

He started off using the cleanser, toner, exfoliating gel, and moisturizer- all 2x a day (morning and night)

he got the same symptoms as you about 3 days in.

So he changed to: cleanser, toner, moisturizer in the evening only. In the morning he just washed with water. He gradually started to add them in the morning. Like once every 3 days, then every other day...until he could use them am and pm.

He did purge during the first month, but it's been over a year and he has maybe had 4 blemishes since then! Before he used to have AT LEAST 4 blemishes at a time!

I'm breaking out like I've never done in my life right now- so you want to know what I'm using? Murad!---well, as soon as my order comes in! :smileyhappy: 

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Winter

(0) Hearts

... just to clarify- the blemish my husband used to have before using Murad were very big and inflamed! 

linda84

I am a die hard Korres lover! I will try not to write an essay...about 4 years ago I started using the Wild Rose face cream and have purchased several Korres products since then. I fall in love over and over again with each new purchase. The Wild Rose and Quercetin line have done amazing things for my skin. I have combination skin. I get oily in the summer and super dry in the winter. I had bad acne scars and developing crows feet, and the Korres line has not only brightened my complexion and lightened my scars, it has gotten rid of my premature wrinkles. I am 29 now.

Their body butters are also amazing!!

These are some of the products I use and highly recommend!

tweet409

(0) Hearts

its weird because usually I don't have sensitive skin at all. I read somewhere that it could be the second step, the gel. So I stopped using that part. But the itchy patch is still there, I can feel it! ugh. skin type is oily/normal. I get blackheads, whiteheads, nothing too major. I just want clear skin. :/

brittany0859

I tried the system and it was really drying because almost every step had Salicylic acid in it and the moisturizer wasn't great, so my skin got really dry and irritated. I love clay cleansers, they really help get your skin clean and are MUCH more gentle. REN has a great one and so does Dermalogica. Boscia Black Detoxifying Cleanser is also good, but a little too drying for me, you can probably get a sample to try it out. I don't use toners because I don't think they are necessary. However, when my skin is really broken out I'll use witch hazel with tea tree oil, but be careful with this stuff because it can dry out your skin. I would look into getting a scrub to use a few times a week. Kate Somerville Exfolikate for acne is really awesome, but really pricey. There are tons of scrubs out there though. You could try just using the Murad gel and nothing else from the because that is what is really going to help your acne. You definitely need to use a topical treatment. I would suggest a retinol, they will help with all of your problems. I like Philosophys Help Me. It's super gentle and won't dry out your skin, or irritate it, but it will help with acne and blackheads. Retinols might make you breakout at first, so just be patient, give it at least 6 weeks. And the most important thing would have to be to moisturize! Fresh Lotus, Origins Night a Mins, Korres Sleeping facials, Clinique moisture surge would all be good options. I noticed such a difference when I started to actually use a good moisturizer at night. My skin became much less oily as well. I hope this helped, and if you have any more questions then just ask!

brittany0859

Sounds like the Murad is too harsh for your skin. I can recommend specific products if you give me more info. What's your skin type, what kind of acne do you get, is your skin sensitive? Have you noticed better results with a specific ingredient? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • brittany0859
    • Winter
    • linda84
    • Corrina777
    • tweet409