Yessiki

upper lip darkness

(0) Hearts

HI, I was wondering if anyone could recommend something I can do/use for a dark area of skin on my upper lip...I've heard this can happen from using birth control, some say its a hyperpigmentation due to hormones..just wondering if there's something I can do to lighten it? almost looks like a 5 o'clock shadow, but there's not hair! :smileysad::smileysad: thanks!

lylysa

Re: upper lip darkness

Philosophy made an eye and lip cream called Dark Shadows once, but it's been discontinued. If you're curious enough I'm sure you can find it on eBay or Amazon. It's basically a light weight cream with illuminating particles to help reflect light away from dark shadows or circles.

You can always use similar products like Origins Ginzing eye cream or Garnier's dark circle roller ball with a brightening tint as both those have illuminating aspects.

Though medications and bodily changes can cause or factor into hyperpigmentation, you might incorporate a vitamin C based serum for starters into your skin care routine to boost radiance. Vitamin C will help to gently brighten and even skin tone without making skin light sensitive and be sure to follow up with a sunscreen to prevent the area from darkening any.

Ole Heriksen's Truth Serum is a great place to start (there's a mini kit for about $22 or $23 that has a mini serum and night cream you can give a try to. They also have a more amped up formula for hyperpigmentation known as Enlighten Me, which uses vitamin C and fruit enzymes and extracts to gently and naturally brighten.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • Yessiki