daar

retinol

(0) Hearts

Hello! I am interested in the Korres Night cream (Wild Rose plus Vitamin C, I think?). However, I am 38 and keep reading the importance of retinol. How do I get my retinol if I use this Korres product? By day, I use the Ole Henrikson lotion - it comes in an orange labeled jar along with the Ole Henrikson Vitamin C Serum. My skin is normal, neither oily nor dry and I don't have any major concerns other than not looking my age :smileyhappy:  Thanks!

LolaVal

Re: retinol

(0) Hearts

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering the same thing!

lylysa

Dannyc brought up great tips and bullet points for retinol use.

If you look through ingredient listings, vitamin A can be listed in many forms. Retinol is it's strongest form, while retinyl or retinyl palmitate is more mild and even more suited for day time use. Retinoids (as in those in the Philisophy Miracle Worker line) or encapsulated retinol allows for a more gentle, time-controlled released as to not overpower skin with one dosage.

Other retinol based treatments that you can use on a cleansed face before moisturizer is Philisophy's Help Me treatment cream (use it on targetted areas), Murad's Time Release Retinol Concentrate, and Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid and Retinol Brightening Serum.

If you find retinol may be a bit too potent on your skin, try Ole's African Red Tea Serum, which is packed with hydrators, plumpers, antioxidants, and amino acids to rebuild and generate skin. It's more botanical based and won't be as harsh.

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

Wow, you are an arsenal knowledge!  I just added you as a friend!

DTalksAll

You can use a retinol serum to apply at night after washing, before moisturizing. I like PTR Retinol Fusion PM, it's a lightweight, oil-free serum. Make sure your face is completely dry before you apply it & wait 5-10 minutes for it to soak in before you apply moisturizer. 

Start off slow, just 2-3x a week & build up to nightly use. Retinol can be very drying so it's important to moisturize with it. Also you should be using a weekly peel/mask to get rid of the dead skin caused by the retinol. 

krunce

(0) Hearts

I bought the PTR Retinol Fusion AM, which is a cream with SPF in it, and I've been using it at night and I really like the effects of it. So I guess you can decide if you like an oil or a cream!

I have oily, comedone prone skin and I really like the effect of Retinol, because it's drying and for my skin, that kinda balances it. So beware!

But overall, in the mornings, my skin texture feels fantastic, and I know that's just the Retinol. I think you'll like it, but like dannyc said, take it slow and watch out for daytime use. It makes your skin really sensitive to the sun.

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the great advice to start off slow.  I'm always too eager which ends up messing with my skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • lylysa
    • daar
    • krunce
    • LolaVal