Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

pores dull skin

skin is dull , dry, patches around my lips to chin area, clogged pores and un even skin tone im 23 please help

Anonymous Insider

Re: pores dull skin

in the early morning i just wash my face with soap ang glory product after than when i apply makeup my skins goes more dull foundation i use nars primer i use smashbox and nars orgasm than comin from uni i wash my face with cold winter than at night time i use face wash and weekly i use sephora mud mask please help 

Which cleanser from S&G are you using specifically? Is it the same cleanser you're using at night as well? 

I'm not seeing any mention of the use of a moisturizer or exfoliant, are these steps utilized or no?

For dry or dehydrated skin with rough patches, cleansing more than necessary may be contributing to the issue. In other words, if you first wake and your skin isn't heavily slicked and covered on oil, you may not actually even need a morning cleanse. In doing so, you may be further stripping your skin of needed, natural oils which may dry out your skin and exacerbate the dry patches. Without regular exfoliation (1-2x a week typically), the build up from excess skin cells at the surface along with any pollutants or oils may cause that roughness and dry patches that you're experiencing.

How often are you using the Sephora mud mask?

Anonymous Insider

yes same

Anonymous Insider

once in a week

Hi, samiya12345!

Can you please specify which S&G cleanser you're using? I don't want to make assumptions and begin analyzing the wrong one.

In addition to using the Sephora mud mask once a week, are you moisturizing or exfoliating? If so, how often and what products are you using?'

Since you're mentioning skin experiencing dry patches, I would recommend skipping applying the mud mask to those regions for the time being and only using the mud mask along oily areas or regions with the clogged pores so you're not overtly drying out areas that may not need the purifying properties of the formula.

Hi, samiya12345!

Can you please share with us what items for skin care and makeup you're using? Please detail out in full what your skin care regimen may include for day and night, as well as any supplementary steps (such as scrubs, peels, or masks and how often those are used in conjunction with daily items) so myself and others can get a well-rounded understanding of how you're currently catering to skin and be able to make recommendations for changes or adjustments!

Anonymous Insider

my skin is very dull . clogged pores . un even skin tone im just 23 please help

Re: my skin is very dull . clogged pores . un even skin tone im just 23 please help

I just realized I posted in your other thread regarding this topic:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/All-Other-Concerns/pores-dull-skin/td-p/2754443

In the future, try to have one thread created per topic to prevent having duplicates populate the front page or create confusion as to where users should best respond. Having one sole thread will also help you keep track of responses easier so you're not having to jump from thread to thread to see who said what and where.

Re: my skin is very dull . clogged pores . un even skin tone im just 23 please help

Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel

Gentle yet incredibly effective. Got rid of my Klingon forehead in 3 days.

If you are near a Sephora ask them for a free sample!

Anonymous Insider

ls it good

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing