chelssss

exfoliator

(0) Hearts

I am needing suggestions on a good exfoliator. Right now, I use a clarisonic and apricot scrub, but I am wanting something with more benefits than apricot scrub (something that works as exfoliant and a mask) I don't care if it is drugstore or high-end I just want something. My skin is looking fiercely dull!

ChicDabbler

Re: exfoliator

(0) Hearts

Glamglow (black) and Tarte are exfoliating clay masks.

Nude and PTR retexturizer are exfoliating gel enzyme masks.

Philosophy microdelivery dual phase peel feels great, you get a nice scrub, then a nice gel to smooth over it, and wait a while then take it off. Your skin will feel super smooth and squeaky clean but not dry.

ps. I'm assuming you are not using the scrub WITH the clarisonic, cuz that would be bad.

rjamlt

(0) Hearts

I rotate between a face scrub from Lush and then this one by Peter Thomas Roth when I exfoliate. I've had good luck with both of them not being overly harsh and neither have caused me to break out.

http://www.sephora.com/laser-free-retexturizer-exfoliating-scrub-P307407?skuId=1406891

TrysBeautyItems

Is the apricot scrub from St. Ives? If so, it actually causes mirotears in your skin, since the pieces are sharp rather than rounded.

I normally use an exfoliant, mask and brightening products separately. The only thing I can think of that is an exfoliant and mask is Garnier green tube it's a 3-in-one product - cleanser, exfoliant, and mask..called The Ultimate Cleanser 3-Way Clean

chelssss

YES! That is the one. Now I know why it hurt when I would do it LMAO. is the mask also Garnier?

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

the Garnier The Ultimate Cleanser 3-way clean - is a cleanser, mask and exfoliant in one.

Ava2

I love using the REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask. You put a layer over your face and wait 10 minutes  or longer before rinsing it off. Your skin will feel incredibly smooth. AMOREPACIFIC Treatment Enzyme Peel is suppose to be really good also. I plan on using that next :smileyhappy:

chelssss

(0) Hearts

I tried the REN but ended up returning it. It worked great the night of, but in the morning I had dry patches again :smileysad: I will have to look into the AMOREPACIFIC treatment though!! THANK YOU :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

Hi again chelssss!

My own experience with physical exfoliants is that I get milia - hard white bumps on my skin that take forever to go away. I usually go with chemical exfoliation now, AHAs (DermaE available at Bed Bath and Beyond). I also have some DDG products.

Good luck!! :smileyhappy:

chelssss

(0) Hearts

Hello!! :smileyhappy:

I just looked up reviews and they are great and the price is even better. I found it on amazon for 20 bucks! I guess I should have waited on a few more recs cause I already ordered the FAB peel. That may be 2nd if I am not a fan of the peel!! Thank you Syd.

BeautyJunkie325

Love my Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser.  It has salicylic, lactic and glycolic acids that work to loosen up buildup while the jojoba beads buff it away.  I use it 2/3 times a week in the shower in place of my regular cleanser. 

http://www.sephora.com/aha-bha-exfoliating-cleanser-P4010?icid2=murad_lp_bestsellers_carousel_P4010_...

chelssss

(0) Hearts

I am loving these recommendations. I want to try them all, but can't at once :smileysad: MAN!

chelssss

(0) Hearts

I like glam glow, my sister has the tingling and regular and it breaks me out. I know its kind of "supposed" to but I can't deal with it. Not for $69 lol

doriangray

(0) Hearts

Try these:

http://www.sephora.com/facial-radiance-pads-P278317?skuId=1309608

I swipe one over my face, neck, chest, and shoulders at night and I wake up with smooth, tight, glowing skin.  They are alcohol free and full of aloe along with the active ingredients so I haven't had any irritation, just results. I pat argan oil on top and that helps too.  

I saw in the reviews that some people don't like the smell.  I don't notice any smell at all but if you can get a sample in store that might help you make sure.  I think the value and results on these pads are awesome.  

chelssss

(0) Hearts

I have never heard of those, and I just researched them a little bit and I loved what people where saying. I just pushed the place order button for the 28 pack for now. I figured if I liked them I could order the 60 count later on!!! 

bratknits

(0) Hearts

Have you thought about using and AHA/BHA product like the Fist Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads or a weekly peel like Ole Henricksen's Power Peel? 

chelssss

(0) Hearts

Just bought the radiance pads to try! :smileyhappy:

sdbeautyjunkie1

I am currently loving ExfoliKate by Kate Somerville. I bought a sampler set with that and the Dermal Quench liquid lift for $39 at Sephora.  I also just picked up the Power peel from Ole and it is better than any peel I have used so far. It is a three step system in which the first step is an almond scrub it is amazing. 

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

Another vote for the Power Peel!  It is pricey so check out deals on QVC.

chelssss

(0) Hearts

I have heard great things from Kate Somerville. I haven't made the dive yet to purchase anything but I added it to my loves and if the radiance peel doesn't work, I may try this :smileyhappy:

4nnmarie

I second the Power Peel, the walnut scrub is my favorite! Ole's blue/black berry enzyme mask is also great, it works as a calming mask and gently exfoliates.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • tracygirl64
    • ChicDabbler
    • doriangray
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • chelssss
    • Ava2