alkapassi

exfoliator for oily t-zone and pores

Hi

I have combinational skin having oily T-zone and open pores around the nose.Overall my skin looks dull.I am looking for a exfoliator for deep cleaning and radiance.Right now I am using Boscia clear complextion moisturiser but that does not help much in oil control.Please suggest moisturizer with spf and anti-aging .

TIA

jennypenny1995

Re: exfoliator for oily t-zone and pores

Murad's Pomegranate Mask.  Unbelievable results!  No burning, either.  My skin is so smooth yet not angry as with a Clairisonic or another aggressive scrubs and peels.  Yay!

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Hi Beautiful Ladies,

I tried Clinique Exfoliator but it did not help much.I still have blackhead around the nose and mild break outs.Should I try some other exfoliator ?

Thanks

ChicDabbler

Exfoliator help with flaky skin and loosen things from pores so it probably makes your face brighter and smoother but not much else. Since you mentioned oil, pores blackheads and breakout as concerns, I would recommend a mask. Perhaps Origins Charcoal or Murad Clarifying.

You also mentioned anti-aging moisturizer with SPF in the original post? Try Shiseido Benefiance wrinkleResist emulsion SPF15. If that's too lightweight you can try a cream like Origins Plantscription SPF25. Peter Thomas Roth retinol fusion AM SPF30 and Philosophy Hope SPF...50? also have great reviews but I haven't tried them before.

lylysa

Physical exfoliants can only do much as blackheads are trapped just beneath the surface of your skin. Physical exfoliants will help in the aspect of removing excess dead skin at the surface to prevent it from lingering and clogging pores.

You might consider using a chemical based exfoliant which will work on the surface to break down topical layers of dead skin but also on a cellular level. Chemical based exfoliants use enzymes or acids to dissolve dead skin at the surface but also promotes new and healthy cell regeneration so what you're removing you're able to replace. Certain chemical based exfoliants will also help to further target and treat issues like clogged pores.

Once of your best bets is beta hydroxy acid or salicylic acid as it targets pores and removes excess sebum and oil. Check out Peter Thomas Roth's Complexion Correction Pads (also available in a gentle version) for dose of beta hydroxy acid to exfoliate, keep pores clear, smooth skin, and improve texture and tone. You can cut them in half and get double the use out of them too! Depending on your tolerance, you can use them daily or just as a specialty treatment 2-4x a week.

You might also consider using a clarifying toner with witch hazel, which is a natural astringent or willow herb, a natural form of salicylic acid. Murad's Clarifying Toner and Boscia's Clear Complexion Tonic with Botanical Blast.

If you don't use a mask or are considering one, Origins' Charcoal Mask and Boscia's Black Luminizing Mask are two similar products that rely on charcoal to draw oil excess oil and impurities from pores to keep skin clear. The Origins mask rinses off while the Boscia one peels off.

The Bosica Black line also has a t-zone/shine treatment, the Murad Pomegranate gel works similar but is more geared toward keeping the pores clear rather than mattifying.

For a good moisturizer for oil control and anti-aging, try Peter Thomas Roth's Clini Matte SPF 20 for day time, it's enriched with anti-oxidants to keep skin preserved but also works to mattify the skin in a smooth, light weight formula and minimizes the appearance of pores. For night, you can try the Boscia Black gel or Br. Jart's Water Fuse Water Sure Gel. It infuses healthy moisture to skin, keeps skin balanced and toned, but the light weight consistency won't upset oily complexions.

helpful

Cliniques's Exfoliating Scrub would be a good option. It contains salicylic acid which will help with your problem areas. You may also like Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads, they help control the oil on my t-zone and may do the same for you! :smileyhappy:

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

Thanks.I never tried these.I usually use origins clay mask once in week.

jennypenny1995

Have you tried either Murad's Pomegranate mask or Renee Rouleau's Berry Peel?  Both use fruit acids to slough off the dead stuff and are really, really good.  Instant hydration, too.  I use one of them once weekly (normally use Renee Rouleau's Mint Buffing Beads, but I'm out right now!)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • helpful
    • alkapassi