RNJenn

blackheads?

any suggestions on a face peel or mask to eliminiate blackheads?

beautylovingirl

Re: blackheads?

Murad has a Blackhead and Pore Clearing Duo that you may want to check out:swfupload_5575297293253074921.jpg

Hope this helps!

Nicrohr

Re: blackheads?

Blackheads are the bane of my otherwise pretty good skin!

I have recently gotten on a mission - I use Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Pads with acid and retinol every day or every other day.

Every night I put on Algenist firming & lifting serum (again for the retinol).

I've never seen something make sure a huge difference - if you're looking for ONE product, I think it's the DrDG Pads.

Also, when I feel ambitious I use Philosphy Enzyme Peel (1-3 minutes) followed by Youth Mud Tingeexfoliator mud mask.  I do this 2-3 times a month.  I do this before my regular routine of DrDG and Algenist (but all four of these products one after another is a lot of chem exfoliation... well tolerated by my skin, but not necesarily fgood for someone else).

In two- three months I've noticed the biggest improvement I've ever seen in my blackheads, mostly/esp on my nose.  I've never seen them literally disappearing.  I do "extract" them gently after steaming and exfoliation, coaxing out anything that's at the surface.  Be careful not to "impact" the gunk into the pore - skip this step if you're at all concerned.  I think the products alone would do it!

I also make sure to cleanse my face every night before bed, religiously.  I don't miss a day.

Finally -- You could ask your derm for prescription Retin - A and use in conjunction with acid exfoliation.  This sheds skin and helps shed/expose/eradicate blackheads.

Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • Nicrohr
    • RNJenn
Photos1
  • swfupload_5575297293253074921.jpg