invisiblebike

best toner for rosacea

(0) Hearts

I have sensitive skin and rosacea. What's the best toner for me? Preferably one that is alcohol free and also free of parabens and fragrance.

I did the Skincare IQ thing and it recommended the Josie Maran lavender one, but I JUST read that lavender oil is an irritant and can be really bad for your skin (as are other essential oils).

I did a little research and apparently rose water is good for rosacea? Anyone have any suggestions?

DTalksAll

Re: best toner for rosacea

(0) Hearts

Not from Sephora, but NUXE (can be found at beautybar dot com) has a rose cleansing water called "Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals". It's really gentle & free of parabens, alcohol & soap. 

theramenlover

I would recommend Mario Badescu's Facial Spray! It has an extremely short ingredient list and contains: Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Bladderwrack Extract,Herbal Extract, Rose Extract,Gardenia Extract,Propylene Glycol. I use it and it's amazing. I have the Fresh Rosewater which is a lot more expensive and not as natural. It's only $7 for 4oz or $12 for 8oz. More than worth the price.

swfupload_2823280895520676099.jpg

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh good call! I had a bottle and liked this one too. seconded.

invisiblebike

(0) Hearts

oh, i was thinking about caudalie grape water! thanks.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Rose water is pretty much good for everything, so I would recommend it. Josie Maran has one, and there's also one from Fresh (albeit it contains paraben at the very end of the list). There are some good drugstore ones too. Thayer rose toner is a good one (it does contain witch hazel I think, which is great for combination skin but prob not for dry skin). 

Aside from rose, I also really like Origins Perfect World (which is hydrating but does have paraben at very end). You might also be interested in Caudalie Grape water 

http://www.sephora.com/grape-water-P12045?skuId=1424217

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Rose is very calming and also a source of vitamin C, Josie Maran has a rose toner (no synthetic fragrances, parabens, alcohol, or sulfates):

swfupload_2870784370748795852.jpg

Beautytester also posted a thread on how to create your own!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Rosewater-DIY-Do-you-use-rosewater/m-p/534389/highlight/tr...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • theramenlover
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • invisiblebike
Photos2