ohhenri

Which Clarisonic system??

Hi everyone!

I'm getting more and more tempted to buy a Clarisonic system, but it can get a little bit confusing. So I'm asking you, all of Clarisonic lovers, which one should I get?? I'm in my mid-twenties, with dry-combo skin. I don't have a lot of acne, but I get a few pimples here and there. I would also like to use it for my upper arms, where my skin is awflully dry and kinda bumpy (I've always been like this, even as a child).

Thank you very much in advance for your answers and please excuse my bad english, I'm french :smileywink:

drashtis

Re: Which Clarisonic system??

(0) Hearts

I have never used Clarisonic before. Which product would you'll recommend for a beginner? As the Clarisonic Plus is worth 179 pounds. I am not sure if I should go ahead with the most expensive or start off with the basic Mia. My main concern is Skin - acne & pores.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

If you want to use the body brush- then get the Plus! I don't think it's an item that you start off basic & keep purchasing new ones. The Plus does have multi speeds, so you can use it on low with a short timer like you would on the Mia. I purchased my clarisonic years ago, and went with the Plus. I wasn't sure if I would use the body brush head, but figured I'd be happier if I had the option. I'm glad I did, I think I use the body brush head in the shower more than I use the sensitive brush head on my face at the sink. It's great for exfoliating the legs pre-shave, cleaning my back & chest... 

Get it during Chick Week (probably at the end of the month) when we should be getting 15% off our purchases :smileytongue: 

PennMrsH

(0) Hearts

this is why i love SEPHORA, have been getting the run around. Thanks ladies, that was great and straight to the point!!!

BellaTrainer

I have the pro and the new Aria for travel.  The aria is a little more advanced then the Mia but can be hooked up to your laptop tp power, plus it holds a charge longer then the mia and has an extra speed/more power.  The pro is the top of the line, better then the Plus. Within the first week my pores shrunk, my overall skin tone improved dramatically and my break outs ceased.  I combined this with "Tazorac" cream on my face over night.  I also take Solodyn orally for acne.  I was on both for two weeks BEFORE i bought my clarisonic(s).  Both medications were prescribed by my dermotologist and are expensive BUT I get rebates on both...so instead of over $1000 a month, just for the acne meds, I only pay $125 per month.  Over the course of 3 months, my acne will cease to exist and these clarisonics, combined with good cleaners will continue to improve my skin. I am very oily and acne prone, I use a dermal clay cleanser by Dermologica.  It works very well for MY skin, with te clarisonics too.  I use cetaphil as a lotion, after my clarisonic.  I don't mess around with my skin and I'm being directed by the best dermatologist in Texas.  Just trying to help :smileyhappy: 

ohhenri

Thanks everyone for your advise,

I got myself a Clarisonic plus this week, yihouu!!!!

kareninca

Clarisonic is without doubt the best beauty invention since soap.  If you have the money buy the Plus, it's usually only about $25 more.  Look out for special kits that have bonus skincare pieces, there was one recently with Philosophy products.  I've owned my Clarisonic over a year and will never be without it.  If you really need to watch your pennies, the original does a fantastic  job on your hands and chest (I had one of these before they offered the PLus), just don't expect much for your elbows and feet.  I've never tried the Mia because my plus holds a charge for at least 3 days using twice a day and the charger isn't large in the first place.  My best advice is spend as much as you can on this and drop to less expensive creams, etc until you feel caught up.  Plus, you'll find you will be able to use less product after using the Clarisonic because your skin is cleaner so the product absorbs better.  I've tried most of the major lines of cleansers out there but I always come back to Philosophy Purity, which is very reasonably priced.  No matter what you decide, Clarisonic will change your skin for life.

ohhenri

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone :smileyvery-happy:

razyana

(0) Hearts

I have had the clarisonic plus for about a week.  I love the face brush but I can't say enough about the body brush too.  After using it in the shower  last night I felt like I had just had a massage and had the best night's sleep I have had in a long time.  Not to mention that I can tell a huge improvement in my skin in just a week, on both my face and body.  If you are going to spend the money you might as well get the top of the line on this one, you won't be disappointed.

Jillie

The Clarisonic is by far the most amazing invention ever. I honestly don't even know how I went as long as I did without this thing, the first thing I thought of when I got the Clarisonic was "Where have you been all of my life?" Anyways that being said, I bought the original clarisonic when it first came out, I than bought the Clarisonic PLUS because it was also for the body, than they came out with the MIA and I had to buy that for travel. Out of all of them I have to go with the Clarisonic Plus, I figure if you are going to invest in a great product, why not just go for the best one? The Plus is nice just because it has the brush heads for your body and it has different speeds for your face, its just an awesome little "machine." It makes your skin look and feel amazing. It has transformed my skin and it allows for flawless makeup application and flawless application of all your face products or night time products. 

I had horrible cystic acne when I hit my teen years and I know it doesn't claim to help with acne, but for me it did! I contribute it to helping with my acne because it is taking all my makeup off of my skin, where as a washcloth or your hands just can't do that. It has really helped my skin. I got my mom and my sister in law hooked on the Clarisonic as well. If I miss a day of washing with the clarisonic I can't sleep, my face feels dirty and I honestly just don't feel the same... Crazy I know! I am 21 and I have been using the Clarisonic since I think I was 17-18 (Can't remember!). 

I would totally recommend giving it a try, I know its a lot of money but it WILL improve your skin and you will become obsessed with it!  

Hope this Helps!:smileyhappy:

bozemangeles

(0) Hearts

I own both the clarisonic plus and mia (for travel). I absolutely love them- I do not have acne, but I had tiny bumps all over my face from clogged pores- after using the clarisonic for 2 weeks my skin became very smooth (and has been ever since).  As for the different models- the Plus is amazing-  I love the body brush for my chest area, although I tried it on my legs prior to shaving and wasn't impressed with the results.  The Plus and normal Clarisonic devices beep when it is time to tell you when to focus on a new area of the face (forehead, nose/chin, cheeks), but the Mia does not (you just have to keep time in your head).  I personally like the beep, but it is personal preference. The Mia is quite a bit cheaper and compact for travel. It does not have a body brush, but the normal brush should be fine on the body.  Both devices clean my skin very well.  The Clarisonic is an investment- you can't go wrong any of the models, it just depends on how much you want to spend.

anaa

HI.  I took the plunge and bought the "mia"; I had such good results with it I bought one for my daughter. The mia isn't as much as of an investment, so you might want to try it first.  My pores are much clearer and my skin feels very smooth.  I currently use Perricone's nutritive facewash.....another "investment" but so worth it!  Hope this helps!!

ama1290

(0) Hearts

did the mia help with the bumps on your arms? I am thinking about getting the mia and would like to use it on my arms as well.

daisy7859

(0) Hearts

if you purchase the mia and want to use it on your arms. purchase the "Normal" brushhead to use are your arms. it will stimulate the body skin more and be more effective on the arm area. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • Jillie
    • daisy7859
    • ohhenri
    • DTalksAll
    • kareninca
    • bozemangeles