marydiva

What did you get during the Skincare 2x points promo?

Hey ladies! :smileyhappy: What did you get during the Skincare Promo? I got the SiJCP bag yesterday as well as some Bosica Pore Strips that were on sale. (They didn't get included in 2x points b/c I bought them early, but I couldn't wait!)

Today I bought the Aria Josie Maran Set, Origins Eye Cream & both Vol. 1 and Vol 2 in the Sephora Skincare sets. :smileyhappy:

I can't wait to see what you girls bought! 

m3rma1d

Re: What did you get during the Skincare 2x points promo?

[ Edited ]

thanks for the tip, sure enough it settled and I just now put it on my spots!! Stung a bit, is that normal?

Also for the drying, should I put some argan oil on the areas in the morning or will that make things worse? Also, at what point in the zit's "life" do you stop applying this stuff? Obviously when ya got one coming on you use it, and whitehead phase I assume, but then when it starts to heal but isn't gone yet, do you just keep at it until it vanishes 100%? Sorry I'm clueless on all this.

brittany0859

The stinging is normal, it happens to me too. I'm not sure about argan oil because I've never used it, but here's what I do to help with the dry spots I get from it: I moisturize really well before I put it on, and then in the morning I will wash my face and get a washcloth and run it under hot water and hold it to the dry spot for s little bit (repeat if necessary), this will soften the skin and then I just gently rub with the washcloth to exfoliate the skin off, and then moisturize! This works really well for me, so hopefully it will work for you. 

If I catch the cyst early enough then I usually only apply it for 2 or 3 days and it will be almost gone. I usually just put it on until all the inflammation is gone (so it's no longer painful, takes about a day or two depending how early you catch it) and then once more after that, and that usually gets rid of most of it, and then I just let it heal completely/go away on it's own. Sometimes I get really small zits and this will take care of them overnight, so I only have to apply once. I have a cyst on my face that I didn't catch early enough so it's taking longer to go away, so I'll just keep putting it on there until I feel it's almost gone. I hope that was helpful!

m3rma1d

You're awesome, thanks so much for all the help!!!

brittany0859

You're very welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions! :smileyhappy:

marydiva

That's so exciting!!! :smileyvery-happy: I hope you love your Clarisonic. I love the Exfolikate - I tried a sample a few weeks ago and thought it was AWESOME. :smileyhappy:

jxw200

today I used just about the last of my GC and got the Boscia Tsubaki hydration mask. :smileyhappy: there are so so many skincare things i want though. and i don't need any of them. i have multiple options for pretty much any skincare step anyone could possibly need lol

katie1724

Nothing yet, but I plan to stock up on Anthony Logistics Facial Cleanser and my eye cream, Shiseido Benefiance. I also need another REN Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask…and, come to think of it, maybe moisturizer. :smileyhappy:

linda711

Capture.PNG

I picked up the beauty oil set this past weekend because I'm impatient, and I couldn't decide between Skin Vol I or II, so of course I got both:smileyhappy:

marydiva

I'm totally with you on that! I couldn't decide b/w Vol 1 or 2 so what's a girl to do? :smileyhappy:

solveig

skincare.jpg

I didn't get that much because I need a new night time moisturizer but for that I really need to get out to my store and test the stuff myself. Plus, I am really confused as to why 8 out of 12 free samples they're offering are perfume samples (especially during skincare promotion). And, I've been hunting down some makeup stuff as well (Nars concealer) but it's been oos for the past three weeks :smileysad: I know, first world problems, haha.

ContentlyKayKay

OH! That just reminded me I wanted to try out that Clinique cleansing balm. Is this a first time order or have you used it before? This was on my Xmas list, but was gifted the oil, which is fine too.

ContentlyKayKay

Thank you ladies!!! I'll return my oil tomorrow and get that! I use the Mac Cleanse Off now and love it, but I really like what I've read about this!

solveig

This is my third time buying it, and I absolutely love it! It is not as expensive as some of the cult favorites (Eve Lom or Emma Hardy), but does the job just as well. It takes off long-wearing foundations, waterproof mascaras and eyeshadows, does not have a scent (yay!) and doesn't irritate my skin. Plus, I love the whole experience of massaging my face. I had a sample of the oil makeup remover, but it didn't work that good for my mascaras, and it was harder to rinse it off.

drrragon

that Clinique balm is on my permanent re-purchase list!  It's like a solid form of oil cleanser that melts into your skin when you rub it on.  It takes off everything, even eye makeup, then it all rinses off cleanly with warm water.  Really great for sensitive, irritated skin too since it's very gentle and doesn't strip your skin at all.

ChicDabbler

Another cheer for the Clinique makeup remover balm! I usually use KGD cleansing water but when I'm wearing SUPER heavy makeup or waterproof etc then it's time to bring out the big guns and massage on that Clinique balm. =D

AthenaBolina

I was curious about it too...but passed because when I think a balm...i think of The Balm's tub of greasy vaseline like eye makeup remover that was just horrid on me, and left my vision blurred. Does it have a vaseline like consistency?

ChicDabbler

Nope! It's definitely a balm in the tube, but the warmth of your finger/skin will melt it into an oil. Instead of vaseline, I would say more like solid oil, perhaps room temperature butter?

Londonlover101

upload_4237305083692374393.jpg

AthenaBolina

[ Edited ]

well,i spent a LOT more than I was planning on, but I won't be buying for a really long time.  I am trying to make 2014 a year where I don't buy anything unless it's something I run out of and use regularly.  So here's to no more purchases for quit some time.  I had almost 700 points to redeem, and then with my order, I had a bunch too. Hoping that Stila set wasn't a glitch...it was in stock when I put it in my basket/checked out.  

order2.JPGorder1.JPG

MK89

Does anyone know how the points work? I think someone posted that in the past during a skincare promo, you got 2x points on your entire order with a skincare product

sberdeu

[ Edited ]

Only skincare products can qualify for double points--not your entire order. You can see if a product qualifies if you see this:skincare2xpoints_PpageBanner_image_010314_.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 189 replies
  • 174 hearts
  • 90 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • DTalksAll
    • shyvicki
    • chupi
    • arielaaaaaaaa