From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Skincare Aware

Skincare Aware

• 414267 Members
  • 15288 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

For those who skinCARE about their face and body routines. Discover the best skincare product recommendations and get answers to common questions about 3, 5, or even 10 step routines.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Post in Skincare Aware
Rough
Need help! My face has texture and when I put foundation my nose looks nasty
Need help! My face has texture and when I put foundation my nose looks nasty
New Reply in Skincare Aware
Need advice on skincare routine like STAT
|
Re: Need advice on skincare routine like STAT
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: hello! so first is cleanser: i would say that you first use micellar water and then use the normal Cerave cleaner. make sure you d ...read more
hello! so first is cleanser: i would say that you first use micellar water and then use the normal Cerave cleaner. make sure you do this EVERYDAY. Wash your top neck as well. products can be building up on your neckline/bottom of your face, causing that irritation and acne you said you have right there. the youth to the people kale cleanser is also amazing. toner: so recently i have heard people saying that the glow recipe toner is actually bad for you. i was using it as well. i then stopped and all of my acne went away. I LOVE TOWER 28. use that it is a great product!! serums/oils: you should not use too many. i would say maximum is three. (2 for full face, 1 for your eyes). i currently use the ordinary nicinamide serum and the chia seed oil. i love these!! they give my glassy skin. use about a nickel size of the nicinamide and two drops of the chia seed oil. moisturizers: if you are struggling with aging then the bora bora (pink details) and the polypeptide (green) drunk elephant creams are great. though if you just want a nice moisturizing cream then the lala retro (purple) is what i use and i love it. a cheaper alternative is the cerave moisturizer, which gives such a nice finish. make sure you stick to the same skincare routine everyday. you also may not see results right after you switch skincare routines, give it a moment. hops this helps!!!!
Ambassador Curated
National SPF Day ☀️
|
Re: National SPF Day ☀️
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @missjeanie Hmm maybe bring overwhelmed will help you not purchase? Even if just for a short period? @itsfi There must be a way ...read more
@missjeanie Hmm maybe bring overwhelmed will help you not purchase? Even if just for a short period? @itsfi There must be a way make it easier to not adding to the collection? I have been good lately. Hopefully it stays this way!
Recent images from this conversation
New Post in Skincare Aware
Freeman facemasks
#Freeman So i recently tried this produsct face mask and it leaves my face moisturized and helped clear excess oil from my face a ...read more
#Freeman So i recently tried this produsct face mask and it leaves my face moisturized and helped clear excess oil from my face and it makes skin so much softer.
Ambassador Curated
💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
|
Re: 💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply:  This one was fun! The scent reminded me of bandaids Wear time was 15 minutes Plenty of clear bubbly serum Slight tackiness aft ...read more
 This one was fun! The scent reminded me of bandaids Wear time was 15 minutes Plenty of clear bubbly serum Slight tackiness after serum is absorbed ** I think this mask would be great as a primer mask. The slight tackiness is excellent for makeup to grip onto Fit 👇Spoiler  
Recent images from this conversation
Sensitive, acne prone, dry skin
|
Re: Sensitive, acne prone, dry skin
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: Hey girl!I have sensitive, acne prone skin and centella asiatica (sometimes called "cica") is my ride or die. It has anti-inflamma ...read more
Hey girl!I have sensitive, acne prone skin and centella asiatica (sometimes called "cica") is my ride or die. It has anti-inflammatory & wound healing properties, which is SUPER beneficial for acne. Additionally, it's very soothing & really helps to support the your skin barrier—I find that super important when using any strong active, such as Clindamycin. It has helped me a lot with tretinoin's side effects ❤️It doesn't appear that much in Western products, but centalla asiatica is a really popular ingredient in K-Beauty. There are a lot of different serums that contain it. My absolute FAVOURITE centella serum was the PURITO Centella Unscented Serum; they recently reformulated and I haven't gotten my hands on the new product yet. It's now called "Purito SEOUL Wonder Releaf Centella Serum Unscented." I also loved the matching moisteriser. It's their Centella Unscented Recovery Cream (now named "Purito SEOUL - Wonder Releaf Centella Cream Unscented"). I've also heard great things about the SKIN 1004 Madagascar Centella Asiatica 100 Ampoule. I prefer Purito's serum because it also contains niacinimide, peptides, and ceramides—those are all super helpful in maintaining a strong skin barrier. However, if you just want pure centella, SKIN 1004 is really good. Both products should be non-comedogenic. SKIN 1004 explicitly states that they've conducted clinical trials to confirm this, but I'm not too sure about Purito. However, their product description mentions that it was Dermatologist Tested, completed the HPRIT test (which is to see if it's hypoallergenic), and completed the Sensitive Skin Suitability test. All of these tests were conducted by the Korea Institute of Dermatological Sciences. Hopefully I'm not overwhelming you with information, lol—I'm just passionate about my obsession with this stuff. If you want, I can give you updates once I get the updated serum in the mail! P.S.—if you see this within the next 2 days, it should still be on sale on Yesstyle. There's a mother's day sale right now and everything is about 20% off I believe. Yesstyle shipping can be really long but it's much cheaper than buying it at most in-person locations here in Toronto. Good luck! ❤️
What do you think of men who get facials at the spa?
|
Re: What do you think of men who get facials at the spa?
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: I haven't really thought about it much because I don't care enough about it. I think it's a positive trait, though!It kind of show ...read more
I haven't really thought about it much because I don't care enough about it. I think it's a positive trait, though!It kind of shows that a man is secure in his masculinity, and I see that as a pro 🙂 Skincare shouldn't be gendered to begin with. Plus, it can be a bonding experience! It's nice to go get pampered with another person ❤️
Face mask
|
Re: Face mask
GO-GETTER IV INSIDER
Reply: Murad Rapid Relief Acne Sulfur Clay Mask with Salicylic Acid 2.5 oz / 74 ml or The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque @cuteepri ...read more
Murad Rapid Relief Acne Sulfur Clay Mask with Salicylic Acid 2.5 oz / 74 ml or The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque @cuteepri
Is the Glow Recipe Fruit Babies kit worth the price for acne prone skin?
|
Re: Is the Glow Recipe Fruit Babies kit worth the price for acne prone skin?
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @christxxxy @I would see if you could get samples of it before you buy the kit ...read more
@christxxxy @I would see if you could get samples of it before you buy the kit
Makeup routine in few minutes
|
Re: Makeup routine in few minutes
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Tooting my whole horn, but there's a challenge literally made for this! @majitzm Re: Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition It's b ...read more
Tooting my whole horn, but there's a challenge literally made for this! @majitzm Re: Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition It's based on a Sephora trope of using six objects, but that's a suggestion. A few members posted their tips, tricks and experiences. I don't use mascara when I'm doing a quick look. I've been comfortable using blush to amp up a look as a late, though. Use products your familiar with, and look for multitasking items. A skin tint or stick foundation is helpful, a liner, a multistick or stick blush, a setting powder and a gloss all super helpful to create a quick, polished look.
211,478 Posts